Attention Terminator/Darth Beyer/Large Headphone owners - need advice on portable case please.
Mar 26, 2012 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

gamersince1976

Head-Fier
Hi everyone. I posted this in the full size headphone forum as well - wasn't sure which one was more appropriate.

I haven't been on here much lately, but I've run into a snag with my portable rig and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a pair of Terminator V4 Darth Beyers that I've been taking to work every day for the past 6 months, along with a RSA SR-71A and a Whipmod classic. Finding a case to hold it all safely was a challenge, but I found that I could just barely fit a pelican 1300 case in the backpack.

Today I started losing the R channel in the Terminators, and when I contacted Larry he suggested a break in the cable might be the cause. I was going to argue that I'm very careful with my equipment when I noticed that the cable (which circles the headphones, laying flat in the case) does get a sharp bend straight out of the cup, and that spot is most likely to bang against the inside wall of the case while it's being transported. So this ridiculously bulky case has actually been hurting my dream headphones. And now I'm looking at cable replacement.

Long story, I know - but I'm hoping that someone will take pity on me and point me toward a solution. I've looked at other cases before that might have worked, but this Beyer framework is too "deep" for most of them - laying flat they are 4 1/8" tall, and there needs to be some kind of padding on all sides.

Does anyone have an idea? What's worked for you?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back