Attention: GCHA Owners
Aug 29, 2006 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

xenithon

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi All. Just wanted to ask anyone who has a GCHA amp and uses it with their computer (in particular with foobar) what output you use. Do you use the regular direct sound to USB? Or do you use something like KS or ASIO?

Thanks and Cheers,
X

Aug 29, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 9
I primarily use the USB output of my computer directly to the GCHA. I have previously written on my experience using a superior outboard DAC with the GCHA and only noticed a slight increase in performance. I suspect you will be well served by your computers USB output.

Aug 30, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #3 of 9
Hi there and thanks for the info. I do only use USB and an outboard DAC isn't really in question though
wink.gif

The question is do you use direct sound out (only applicable to Windows machines I suppose) where the GCHA is seen as "USB Speakers" orhave you tried either Kernel Streaming or ASIO output in foobar or Winamp etc.

Cheers,
X

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDesign
I primarily use the USB output of my computer directly to the GCHA. I have previously written on my experience using a superior outboard DAC with the GCHA and only noticed a slight increase in performance. I suspect you will be well served by your computers USB output.

Aug 30, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #5 of 9
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by BennyBoy
Is that when you pull the skin of your fried chicken and shove it in your mouth as fast as you can?
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 30, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #6 of 9
I use GCHA with Winamp in the standard preset mode, I assume it is not kernel streaming etc. My only tweak is that all digital volume controls are set to max and I set the volume on the amplifier. All suggestions for improvements are welcome but when I use GCHA with USB it is mostly for streaming MP3 and the sound quality is then limited and I expect tweaks to have minor or no audible effect.

Sep 3, 2006 at 11:48 AM Post #7 of 9
Thanks for the info. One more question I had - has anyone / does anyone use their GCHA with kernel streaming in foobar?

Cheers,
X

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders
I use GCHA with Winamp in the standard preset mode, I assume it is not kernel streaming etc. My only tweak is that all digital volume controls are set to max and I set the volume on the amplifier. All suggestions for improvements are welcome but when I use GCHA with USB it is mostly for streaming MP3 and the sound quality is then limited and I expect tweaks to have minor or no audible effect.

Sep 4, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #9 of 9
Yes. ASIO gave out garbled sound (like a high pitched white noise)...and when I got KS to work it played with a tremendous hiss, definitely no better than regular direct sound output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back