Attention DT440 Owners!
Mar 11, 2005 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

spike33

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm considering buying this but I don't want to bother if there's as many problems with it as I've read. How big is the headband cracking problem? How long before it started cracking? Would you describe the bass as tight/punchy or boomy/bloated? Are the mids dry and recessed? Highs a bit uneven? How would you describe the comfort? too much clamp, headband is hard and pain inducing?

Please enlighten me
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #2 of 5
I had my DT440s for about 6 months. Never experienced the headband cracking problem (never loosened the screws either) and I'm pretty sure the owner after me never had the headband crack either. In the beginning, I found the clamping force to be a little too much, but it loosens up as you use it. I also used a bunch of books and stretched (maybe too strong a word) the headphones over them. Found the bass to be tight and punchy, mids to be pretty decent, not recessed at all, not sure what you mean by dry though. And the highs, well, coming from a SR60, it was a welcome change.
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2005 at 9:03 PM Post #3 of 5
I have had no cracking issues with the DT860 either.I think the problem exists but is a bit overstated.There is not a headphone out there that is without quality issues.You are taking a chance no matter which model you choose.

Mar 12, 2005 at 5:42 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike33
I'm considering buying this but I don't want to bother if there's as many problems with it as I've read. How big is the headband cracking problem? How long before it started cracking? Would you describe the bass as tight/punchy or boomy/bloated? Are the mids dry and recessed? Highs a bit uneven? How would you describe the comfort? too much clamp, headband is hard and pain inducing?

Please enlighten me
biggrin.gif

As far as the headband cracking, my son's cracked after about 3 months or so, but I hadn't loosened the screws before it happened.
I'd say the bass is about right, definitely not bloated. It's not the greatest bass I've heard, but it's good.
They are comfortable, but to me they're a bit too long. I can barely get the cups to stay on my ears with them as small as they will go. But I really like the way the cups swivel.
To me, they sound so close to my Sennheiser HD-595s it's hard to tell the difference, so if you like that sound, I'd say go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back