ATTENTION DIY-ERS custom cable request
Sep 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Luv My BASS 1

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there Do-It-Yourself head-fiers. I have a somewhat unusual request.

I have the Lifeproof case for my iPhone 5, a case notorious for it's deep, narrow headphone opening. Essentially the only headphones that will work without an adaptor are the Apple Earpods. I use them with my V-Moda M100, and carrying around an adaptor sucks. I was wondering if someone out there had the ability to make a 4.5-5 foot 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable with ridiculously slim, straight headphone jacks, I would be eternally grateful.

I don't really have an ear for cable quality. As long as it are of similar or better quality as the stock M100 cable, that's fine with me. All I know is that a clear cable sheathing would be awesome. 

If this does become a reality, I would like 3 of them made so that I could replace them if/when they break. 

Also, a mic/remote would be cool, but absolutely not a necessity. 

I've included the best shots of the headphone opening that I could, but your the real reference when constructing the cables should be the Apple Earpods jack. 

PM to discuss pricing, but seeing as I am a 16 year old with no credit card, and no parents willing to pay for audio purchases, I would probably just send you a stack of 20 dollarbills in the mail (with shipping insurance of course!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back