Attention Classical Music Lovers: LinnRecords.com is Awesome!
Nov 25, 2010 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jonathanvaljean

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings, fellow Audiophiles!  
smily_headphones1.gif

As one who has long bemoaned the dearth of options for downloading high quality music, I thought I would share my new favorite HQ music website here:  LinnRecords.com.  Not only is LinnRecords.com easy to navigate, it also offers an extensive catalog and myriad download formats, including Studio Master FLAC and WMA.  One can even download 192 / 24 quality files!  I think I have found Internet nirvana!  Yes!   

I just finished downloading Mozart's 40th and 41st (my favorite symphonies of all time) in 88.1/ 24 and can't wait to be treated to Charles Mackerras's expert conducting of the Scottish Chamber Orchestra!  

I just wanted to share my discovery with all of you!  Happy Thanksgiving (to my fellow Americans)!  
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #2 of 7
Thanks, I've heard good things about Linn as a record label and it looks like their store is good, too.

I find it a little bit strange how much more expensive the unadulterated studio master tracks cost, but I suppose one could argue that bandwidth isn't free.

Nov 29, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #4 of 7
I love their high resolution releases. They do have top notch recordings.

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #5 of 7
FYI, they're much cheaper on Amazon UK (even with shipping) for those buying in the US. I have several of their titles on my Amazon UK shopping cart ATM, but I'm still waiting to fill it up a bit more before I pull the trigger.

Nov 29, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
FYI, they're much cheaper on Amazon UK (even with shipping) for those buying in the US. I have several of their titles on my Amazon UK shopping cart ATM, but I'm still waiting to fill it up a bit more before I pull the trigger.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #7 of 7
This thread died, but if you want to download great high res Flac or Alac classical recordings at good prices (generally a bit less than HD Tracks) Linn Records is great. For an intro download one of their Samplers (generally classical and Jazz selections for about $6).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back