ipod video
RSA Hornet
Musiland MD10 DAC
Wadia 170i
Sony DAT Walkman D7
Sennheiser HD580
UE TF-10
Shure E5C

if anyone interested, I have some vintage Discmans such as Sony D350, Technics XPS700 and XP7 to make some comparison with the current digital players.

Aug 12, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #49 of 75
Fine by me. I 'm always interested to see what is for sale. I bought the Pass Labs Aleph 3 at the last meet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
Do you care if I bring some audio related items to sell? Got some IEM's and other goodies.

Aug 12, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #50 of 75
Looks like a pretty good turnout so far:

wotts (and guest or two)
Chromako (and possibly some guests)
Todd
Kibble Fat
digger945
musicman59 (tentative)
Dev Avidon and Jim
waterboy

Aug 15, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #53 of 75
There is no wifi for sure. I may bring my router to hook to the network to provide it for the day, but Stan (host) has to find out what has to be done to the Novell system. And it still may not even work. I guess that's what happens when schools have poor budgets.
frown.gif

What were you wanting to connect to?

Aug 16, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #56 of 75

Quote:

What were you wanting to connect to?

It would be nice(but not necessary at all) to have access for online music like Grooveshark or Spotify, so that anyone could look up and play their fav stuff.
 I will have a CD player in case anyone wanted to bring a CD. I will also have a portable battery Sony walkman CD player to share.

I will bring an extra power strip or two.

Agreed on the school budget system. Whatever happened to the promise of Lotto money for the education system? Very disheartening to see friends with decades of teaching tenure given the pink slip. <end micro rant>

Aug 16, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #57 of 75
I'll still try to hook something up. I do have my Evo with 3G and can put grooveshark on it. I'll have my CDP too, but have been hard at work to rip my cd colelction to flac over the past week. I have about another 150-200 cds to go.

Quote:
It would be nice(but not necessary at all) to have access for online music like Grooveshark or Spotify, so that anyone could look up and play their fav stuff.
 I will have a CD player in case anyone wanted to bring a CD. I will also have a portable battery Sony walkman CD player to share.

I will bring an extra power strip or two.

Agreed on the school budget system. Whatever happened to the promise of Lotto money for the education system? Very disheartening to see friends with decades of teaching tenure given the pink slip. <end micro rant>

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #59 of 75

Quote:
I'll still try to hook something up. I do have my Evo with 3G and can put grooveshark on it. I'll have my CDP too, but have been hard at work to rip my cd colelction to flac over the past week. I have about another 150-200 cds to go.

Yea, as a Grooveshark VIP, it would be nice to be able to get it on my iPhone. Maybe if you can catch a 3G signal from the school I will get Spotify for the meet. It will give everyone(guests) a chance to listen to anything, and can easily and quickly be moved around the room. We will have fun with it one way or another.

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #60 of 75
Sounds cool!  I should probably burn a CD of flac so I can hear something I know through other peoples' setups (if Grooveshark doesn't work out of course!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back