Attention Chicago/Detroit/Grand Rapids/Northern Indiana Head-fiers
Jun 20, 2011 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

wotts

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking at hosting a meet in Kalamazoo. It is almost half way between Chicago and Detroit, so I figured folks might be interested in coming out from either location. Also, Kalamazoo is close to Grand Rapids, Elkhart, South Bend. I have access to a fairly large facility and there should be plenty of power drops and space.

I've only attended two meets, both organized by other people, so I'm open to any ideas anyone has.

I'm looking at late August or early September time frame.

So what do you think? :)

UPDATED!

Day: Saturday August 20th
Time: 9am-??
Place: Schoolcraft Upper Elementary, 611 E. Clay St., Schoolcraft, MI 49087

Here's what I have for the current attendees:

wotts (and guest or two)
Chromako (and possibly some guests)
Todd
Kibble Fat
digger945
musicman59 (tentative)
Dev Avidon and Jim
waterboy
cruizin caleb (tentative)

There is parking on Clay St, in front of the building. I'll have signs up to point folks to the room.

Quote:
Is there a particular door we should be coming in? Where should we park?

Jun 21, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 75
I'd definitely be down, as I'm sure would Jim - we can bring Frosty goodness as usual, and I should be able to bring back my K1000s, Black Lion converters, DACs Headlite2, and maybe with any luck a Dark Star
o2smile.gif

Jul 2, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #8 of 75
Seems to be a fair amount of interest. I'll speak to the facility manager and get some dates to pick from.

Spread the word!

Jul 3, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #11 of 75
August is turning out to be a VERY bad month for me...my son has several soccer tournaments.  If it were early-mid September I could be there. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #12 of 75
Long time lurker here and I never have been to a meetup like this before but after seeing impressions of the Detroit one in June the hi-fi nerd in me is most excited to attend.
I live a transient life between the lower East and West side of Michigan and would love to meet up in my old Alma Mater college town. But being a jobless college grad I won't have anything to contribute (other then music, cynical humor, and some food).
I second holding it in early-mid September, just not on labor day weekend!

Jul 4, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #13 of 75
I can drive up to 4 people from the detroit area (depending on the amount of gear).  Just throwing that out there...

Jul 5, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #14 of 75
That would be soooo much quicker if I had one of those amphibious James Bond cars and could cut across the lake.

Interested.

Jul 10, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #15 of 75
I spoke with my contact and he said the three saturdays August 13th, 20th and 27th are available. What works best for everyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back