Attention all Hi-MD/Sonicstage 2 users.
Jul 9, 2004 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

kurisu

100+ Head-Fier
I have obtained a copy of the Sonicstage 2.1 updater for Sonicstage 2 and I am working to get it functional with the build of Sonicstage that is common to connect.com. If you're unaware, Sonicstage 2.1 is highly anticipated because it allows a user to burn lossless pcm/wav to a Hi-MD disc. I will keep this thread updated as things progress.

Jul 9, 2004 at 8:08 AM Post #2 of 12
hey you live near me... off topic i know. Hehe allways cool to see though.
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2004 at 5:31 AM Post #3 of 12
Excellent, Kurisu! I look forward to breaking in the PCM mode with my 600D. It's getting a little complacent these days, I think, with just playing HiSP files.

It needs a challange.
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2004 at 7:49 AM Post #6 of 12
Sound great!
But remember people, with PCM you only get about 2 CD's per Disk.

Jul 10, 2004 at 9:40 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummy
What does PCM stand for?
2 CD's per Hi-MD disk????
eek.gif

Pulse Code Modulation. It acts like a modem in that it's used to transmit digital data along an analog medium, like a cable. It's on most digital sources (not SACD though).

With PCM you would be transmitting in realtime, uncompressed. A Hi-MD disk can hold 94.28 minutes, so that's how much will fit.

Jul 10, 2004 at 2:44 PM Post #10 of 12
False alarm. I thought I could provide Sonicstage 2.1 but it's far too difficult to manipulate the updater file to accomidate the common build everyone else has. It will be officially released soon in the US anyways, so I'll shout when we have it hosted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back