ATTENTION-- All Cardigans/Blondie fans-- do you know about Ivy?
Aug 17, 2001 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

markl

Hangin' with the monkeys.
Member of the Trade: Lawton Audio
Allright, I have a huge crush on the lead singer so I'm biased a little. OK, a LOT.

But if you like the Cardigans, you'll LOVE Ivy. This is Blondie for the 00's. Ultra-cool vixen married to the guitar player, sad to say. Oh well.

Their previous album, "Apartment Life" was a treat from start to finish. Ivy has been criticized for the "dispassionate" delivery of the singer, Dominique Durand. I belive that that is the entire appeal of this band. Just like Blondie, and the Cardigans. Same exact concept, different band. Durand is French, so she sings with a pronounced French accent. What is not to love about this band?

The new album "Long Distance" is highly recommended, as is the previous album "Apartment Life". But make sure you get the ORIGINAL issue from Atlantic. That one is in HDCD and worth hunting down.

One of the BEST concerts I have seen (and I've seen A LOT) would have to be Ivy. At the very end of the show, the singer blew a kiss to the audience, and I could swear it was aimed just at me-- along with every guy in that room. :)

markl

P.S. Geez, I hope no one sees this as a sexist post in any way. I am nothing if not sincere.

Aug 17, 2001 at 4:46 AM Post #2 of 5
I'll bite, where's the best place to get some halfway decent quality samples? Um, I am of course talking about music samples...
biggrin.gif

Didn't seem like much on AudioGalaxy...

Aug 17, 2001 at 4:16 PM Post #4 of 5
If you get Apartment Life, make sure it's this one, it's the original isue in HDCD:
ApartmentLife.html

Oh, well can't get the image to post. The one you want has Dominique by herself with a white and blue background and her face obscured, NOT the one with her sitting in her apartment.

markl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back