Attending 1st Meet in October; Any Tips on How to Best Experience the Event?
Aug 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2
I'm new to the Audiophile world, and have enjoyed the great amount of information here at Head-Fi.  Just bought my first CIEM's recently, and been reading through a lot of the posts at the site.  I'll be attending the Denver RMAF Event in October, and while I'm excited about my 1st meet, I understand this is a pretty large event, and I'm a little concerned that it could be overwhelming for someone who's ignorant to so much about audio.  I thought maybe there were folks here that could provide some perspective on how best to experience such an event, so it's enjoyable and a learning experience, rather than just being an endless slog through manufacturer's setups.

Aug 5, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #2 of 2
It won't be an endless slog because you'll be enjoying what they have to offer :D

Just turn up with some kit and go set it up or just wander round. If you see something you like then go have a chat to the nearest person who'd not involved in chatting/ demoing already, or jump straight in on the convo. You could find out what manufacturers are going, and make a short list of your favourite ones so you don't get overwhelmed and forget. 

You'll have a great time regardless. And you'll probably found out something was there that you wanted to look at when you get back, it happens to everyone. 

Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back