Attack of the Bass TF10 Help!!
Apr 2, 2010 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

backtofront001

100+ Head-Fier
So, all in all, my TF10's have wayy to much bass and if I use them with sources where equalization is not possible it overwhelms me. Now, I have read that cables can bring about a change in the sound signature, specifically more controlled bass/reduction. I have taken a look at the Null Audio Cables, Lune and the Enyo, how do they stack up?

Can you guys please give me more suggestions and solutions to my problem.

Apr 2, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 24
Wow, I wish that was the case with my triple.fi 10 Pro. The bass on mine is light yet punchy. What tips are you using?

Apr 2, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #4 of 24
well coming from woody 2 to a tf10, i find tf10 to be lacking in bass impact. Or that its very very accurate and tight, too tight for my liking. Or maybe its just tf10's bass rolls off too early, whereas woody 2's bass still lingers.

Apr 2, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by syn_fx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suggest you get a different IEM. No amount of cable tweaking will make "wayy too much bass" and "overwhelms me" go away, you'd just waste your money.

And I completely understand and I plan to upgrade to a JH Audio or something like that later. If I had an option I would have gone for the Shure SE530's however I picked up my TF10's for $100 bucks, a total steal.

Apr 2, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I wish that was the case with my triple.fi 10 Pro. The bass on mine is light yet punchy. What tips are you using?

I have Fisher Remold. Its not like the bass beats my head into submission with punches. Its just that if I listen to anything acoustic or something like Jason Mraz or John Mayer, the bass drones. It drowns out the mids and treble angering me greatly, however for hip hop and house, its fine

Apr 2, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 24
When I had the TF10 they just weren't for me. The bass was too much for me so I sold it and bought something more in line with my preference.

Apr 2, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #10 of 24
Its not like I dont like bass - I have owned DT990s, and I currently own MD5000s, so I am a bass guy but I feel the TF10 bass response is way too muddled, it is uncontrolled. For that reason I thought a cable change could make a difference plus a couple of testimonies on this forum claiming that cable change solved the problem.

Description of Lune cable from Null Audio Store

"Distinguished from our Enyo series, the Lune utilizes specially made silver wires with clear Teflon sleeving as high performance conductors, braided to reduce low range and interference noises. It minimizes transmission phase shifts and distortions while providing immense clarification over the sound realm with better depth, width, image focus and finer low range resolution"

So this sounds like something I am looking for but I am not sure if its marketing bs or if its true. The cable is $110, I spent $100 on the TF10's so thats why I want to know for sure if it makes a difference

Apr 2, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #11 of 24
^^^^ that cable sure sounds good,all i can say is when i changed my line out dock cable from a standard one to a silver coated one it had a postive effect on the sound i get.

Apr 3, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^^ that cable sure sounds good,all i can say is when i changed my line out dock cable from a standard one to a silver coated one it had a postive effect on the sound i get.

so when you got the silver lod the sound improved by? moer detailed high end, more bass punch? more bright?

Apr 3, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #14 of 24
Try the Westone 2, it's lighter on bass than the TF10 and has great highs and detail. It's pretty much dead neutral with a touch of warmth that makes it nice to listen to. Those who have had both tend to rate the W2 higher.

Apr 3, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #15 of 24
it's not crazy at all to think that the TF10 have too much bass. It's personal preference which matters much more than how good a phone is IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back