Attachable Boom Mics
Feb 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

asdfvtn

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I'm looking for a boom mic for my V-Moda M80s. I realize the "Boom Mic Pro" (VTF on the vmoda site) is up for pre-orders, but $15 shipping for a $40 attachable mic (comes with a voip adapter, but these really are only worth a couple bucks..) is ridiculous.
I've also looked into the Antlion Modmic, but they seem to be out of stock everywhere.
Zalman's clip on seems to be getting meh reviews, and the only other alternatives I've seen are from dealxtreme (which I might get if nothing else comes up).
Does anybody have any other suggestions to go for?

Thanks

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #3 of 7
I'm in the same market. I'm thinking of just ordering the modmic, and forgetting about it. Seems to be held in pretty high regard.

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 7
That's what I'm thinking about as well, but he's mentioning the newer model coming soon that has a mute button which sounds so attractive to me. Do you know what's the difference between v1 and v2 by any chance as well?

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #5 of 7
Noo i've done very little research. I'm not in a rush for a mic but as soon as it's available i'd jump on it. I forgot about that by the way, the fact that the new one will have a mute. I had a turtle beach headset before so mute almost seems like a must for me aswell. I'll probably just bookmark it and check it every so often. Maybe they're is a mailing list or something you could sign up for.

Mar 14, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #7 of 7
I ended up going with the modmic, it's reviews on clarity sold me, and it looks to be really flexible which is a plus. I checked the site, it was in stock so i just oreded it. Made me order the Mixamp also.. sorry wallet
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back