Atrios MG7 build quality?
Feb 25, 2012 at 6:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

RibeyeAndScotch

Head-Fier
How is the build quality of the Atrios M5? 

I only use my IEM for the gym and have been using MTPG for a few years now. Despite the awesome claims of monster build quality, they are starting to fall apart everywhere. The housing has became unglued on both and separate easily as well as many other things. I've taken good care of these turbines without any accidents. I've contacted monster 3 times regarding a replacement but they never responded.

I absolutely loved the bass in the turbine pro golds and I knew eventually I would have to get the Atrios M5s. I guess now is the time. 

How durable are the M5s? Do they offer any warranty?

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 7
First of all, get the newer updated MG7's...

They're supposed to be better than the M5's in every single way including bass. I've never heard the MG5 personally, but that's what is being said about them. They're also cheaper. They look exactly the same, being the same IEM except the improved speakers and the dropped memory wire. They made the treble way better and also brought it out a little more to make more V-shaped and less dark. The bass is still the main thing in these IEM's and I highly opt for them. If look around these forums you'll find the coupon code for them in atrios.me which I can't recall and gives you a 50% off, getting you the phones for a mere 100$.
I didn't know of the code and bought them for 150$ from amazon :frowning2:

So... to answer your question...

The housings are made of heavy-duty plastic. They're actually very durable and though I never tried it I think they'll be able to withstand punishment.

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #3 of 7

Really? You have never even held a pair of Atrios, how are you qualified to answer this? As for the OP. The Atrios would be great for the gym, the plastic they are made from is very durable. They may not be the prettiest IEMs but they get the job done. Also, the isolation is above average, another plus for the gym.
Quote:
First of all, get the newer updated MG7's...

They're supposed to be better than the M5's in every single way including bass. I've never heard the MG5 personally, but that's what is being said about them. They're also cheaper. They look exactly the same, being the same IEM except the improved speakers and the dropped memory wire. They made the treble way better and also brought it out a little more to make more V-shaped and less dark. The bass is still the main thing in these IEM's and I highly opt for them. If look around these forums you'll find the coupon code for them in atrios.me which I can't recall and gives you a 50% off, getting you the phones for a mere 100$.
I didn't know of the code and bought them for 150$ from amazon :frowning2:

So... to answer your question...

The housings are made of heavy-duty plastic. They're actually very durable and though I never tried it I think they'll be able to withstand punishment.

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
Really? You have never even held a pair of Atrios, how are you qualified to answer this? As for the OP. The Atrios would be great for the gym, the plastic they are made from is very durable. They may not be the prettiest IEMs but they get the job done. Also, the isolation is above average, another plus for the gym.

I meant that I never held the original M5's... I use the the MG7's (M5 with MG7 drivers). I was talking about the latter, but regardless they're the same phones.

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #6 of 7
Thx for the replies so far. I am fully aware of the MG7 and would be getting the M5's w/ MG7 drivers of course. 

I know compared to turbines they look a old and dated but I am more after durability and the honoring of warranty (both lacking by monster). Also is there some kind of warranty from future sonic? Thanks fellas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back