No doubt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuwidol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd take em
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No contest, none. M5. As for poor midrange, just one guy's opinion. Just read the threads on the M5. And best of all, they travel well without an amp.

Do you dismiss one's opinions only because he differs from the mass?
blink.gif
I found the Atrio M5 to sound good for the price (compared to the equal priced IEMs, at least), but coming from the Etymotic, and their excellent midrange (the best I ever found in IEMs), I found it veiled. Poor, like if something was lacking. Distant.
Nevertheless, I am probably spoiled by the Etys, and we can add that each of us has different ears. The Atrios, though pretty good, seem to be one of the "flavors" of these last months, and the hype is one of the main problems that I find here on Headfi. I can still understand why a lot of people like them, they have a pretty good bass, with a great presence, but for me midrange is too important to give up. The Shure E500 were better in this regard.
I had to choose between the Atrio and Etys, and I sticked with the latter, providing a good amount of bass boost in order to make the sound balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back