Atrio M5 or Klipsch X5.. Which one to choose ?
May 8, 2010 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BLL00

New Head-Fier
Hi,

This is my first post over here so hello to everyone!.

In the past few days, I've been researching on and on before arriving here and asking this question (title of the thread). I have read a lot of praise for both the M5 and the X5. I have been using a 5$ in-ear for about 6 months now and I'm sick of it. I have never bought any headphones alone (not included with w/e device) for more than 10$. So I thought it is time to listen to music in a way I never listened to it before!

Mainly, I listen to Trance, House, electronica, Nujazz, acid jazz, Rn'B and old school to mid-200X's rap. All of these which focus on Bass and detail of synth sounds throughout the track.

I have read that both the X10 and the M5 deliver astonishing levels of bass providing detail along, but looking at the price of the X10, I have excluded it from my choices list, replacing it with the X5 as it delivers a tad more detail with a bit weaker bass, which I think is not much of a difference.

Here are my main question regarding my decision between the X5 and the M5:

1-  Is the M5 way too heavy on the bass that it kills other details and makes you get tired after a while of listening ?
2-  Is the M5 really comparable with the X10 despite the 170$ difference at price (X10 being more) ?
2a If the M5 is comparable to the high-end X10, does that make the X5 overpriced making the M5 a no-brainer choice ?

Please guys, I want your opinions on this!, I plan to purchase one of these babies as early as tomorrow :)

May 9, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 5
Wow..Is it that hard to answer a question of either to choose the X5 vs. the M5 ?......I looked everywhere and I have not found a straight comparison between these two....as they are at the same price point, it would be a great reference of one of you simply replies to this thread instead of ignoring it. Why not answer something new instead of replying to the same Sennheiser IE8 and Triple fi 10 questions over and over and over again ?!

May 10, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #3 of 5
If you really want an answer, just an answer, I will say X5. But does this mean anything to you, I don't know. If someday my listening taste changed and I want a lot of bass, I will start to consider M5. Never heard both of them.

May 10, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #4 of 5
Thank you. If you don't mind, can you please tell me how the bass is on the X5 ?, is it overpowering that it kills other sounds playing at the same time, too weak that its not audible or screechy, or does it blend nicely along with vocals and instruments playing at the same time ?

May 10, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #5 of 5
If I read correctly, and as you have stated in your first post, X5 is more flatter sounding compared to X10. X10 is said to be having more bass than X5. However, people who own both X5 and X10 feel that X10 is not an upgrade from X5, as they have different sound signature and both are good IEMs. Though I have never tried X5, I doubt that the bass will interfere other frequencies.

If you lurk around here long enough, you will realise that both X5 and M5, as well as X10 are overshadowed by those latest IEMs being discussed here. I am not saying they perform inferior compared to the new products, it just means that you have a lot of choice other than the two you have narrowed down.

If you are willing to look elsewhere, I suggest looking into FX500, HJE900, Radius W TWF11R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back