Atrio M5 / MG7 questions - input needed
Feb 12, 2013 at 9:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

OHjim

New Head-Fier
In doing some research here, I am leaning toward the Atrio Professional MG7's. My budget is about $100 or so, and I found them for around that price. I am speeding toward 50, so the high's don't get heard very well any more and I like deep, full bass. I want an IEM with good isolation and will be using them mostly in 2 scenarios. 1) with a motorcycle helmet and 2) while playing keyboard (Aviom monitors at church). I also listen occasionally on both my phone and an older Sansa. One thing I have noticed with other (cheap) IEM's I have used is that the bass gets reduced significantly when riding on my motorcycle. (Please, arguing about using on a motorcycle will get us no where - and is not the input I'm seeking.) On the helmet, I have a bluetooth headset that powers the earbuds. Not sure what kind of amp it has in it.

1) Are the MG7's small so that they will not get bumped too much when putting on my helmet?

2) I noticed that they are 32 ohm instead of 16 like most others. What effect will this have? Will they be less loud? With the cheapo's I've used, I have to turn up my Sansa mostly all the way.

3) Are they durable? In the past I've used Sony MDR-EX35's and they last about 6 months and then one side looses sound.

4) The Sony's are rated to 6 Hz but the MG7's to 18. Will the MG7's play low bass and a lot of it?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back