Atrio M5/M8 vs other bass IEMs?
Nov 23, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, the Atrio M5s have unbeatable bass in the IEM catagory. Yet it's bass doesn't intrude into the other frequencies
biggrin.gif

ue5eb woop the pants off the atrio in the bass department,, i do like the atrio, maybe the most comfortable iem ive used, i do think that the denon c710 maybe better than the atrio

however my fav iem ever is still the superfi 5 eb, nothing comes close to its bass prowess
not audio techncia cks70, not denonc710, not ie8, westone 3, triplefi 10, and not the atrio, atrio is def bettter than cks70(cks70 has 12.5mm driver and alot of bass(nowhere neare ue5eb), but its lack of upper mids and highs leaves you with a filtered muffled sound

Nov 23, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #32 of 34
I've found the 5EB had more bass volume than the Atrios, but otherwise, inferior in every respect. Thin on top and uninspiring on vocal tracks, the 5EB needs a bass track whacking you in the head to be worth listening to. They're better than muddy cheapos like the Senn CX300, but I wouldn't call them good phones. It's as though they're saying, "We've got bass! We've got bass! We've got bass!" Well, what else ya got?

The Atrios, by contrast, handle everything at least reasonably well. If you take something that defies bass-heavy phones--classical piano, say--and you listen to in on the 5EB and the Atrios, it's no contest. You won't get the transparency you get on a BA triple-driver, but you'll get something confident, musical, and pleasant.

Dec 21, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #34 of 34
Greetings

Our band just started using IEMs recently-I'm the bass player-I got some Atrios off ebay-They are awesome! Currently there is a place selling the version 1 (the ones with the bendable plastic to wrap round you ears) for $95! The new version 2 model is around $179 (street sound allegedly goes even lower)...I bought the version 1 and they sound super...I also have tried the Shure Sc4s (sound good, more mid and high, but not as much bass) Our guitar and sax players use those) Good iso with the silicone tips-so far so good! I also have a pair of the OSP eu4 ($69) which were pretty good to until a driver crapped out-They're sending me new ones...pretty similar to the shures...Full compass has the discontinued grey model of the shures for 129-cheaper if you buy more than one...Happy Holidays!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back