atrac->wav
Feb 28, 2005 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ojannen

New Head-Fier
I am a student at a music school. My quartet just recorded some music onto a minidisc player. I was wondering if there is a digital way to go from minidisc to computer. In the past, I have connected the mini disk player to the line in on my computer and that has worked ok. I am not expecting amazing sound quality but this time, I am trying to avoid sitting infront of goldwave for 2 hours waiting for stuff to record.

One of my friends has a newer minidisc player that lets him go from the minidisc->atrac on the computer. As far as I know, there is still no way to do an easy transfer to a universal file type such as wav or mp3. However, it is a step closer.

Has anyone made a converter for atrac or is there a program that can let me burn it onto a normal cd? Or am i still screwed for a digital connection until i spend $700 buying a deck?

Feb 28, 2005 at 3:34 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ojannen
Or am i still screwed for a digital connection until i spend $700 buying a deck?

AFAIK, that's the case with non-HiMD recorders unfortunately.

Feb 28, 2005 at 4:12 PM Post #5 of 6
I have a non-HiMD recorder. I bought an older Sony deck that has optical output. AFAIK, there aren't any new MD decks that have an optical output (something to do with copyrights). So I transfer my live recordings from my Sony deck->optical out->optical input sound card->WAV->CD.

HiMD is definately the way to go now.

You can get a used Sony deck with optical output on Ebay for like $100-$200, not the $700 you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back