Atomic Floyd Superdarts v Monster Turbine Pro Gold v Klipsch X10i?
Feb 5, 2012 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

callum95

New Head-Fier
For bass? mostly just the overall sound, detail, clarity?? not bothered about durability?? ANYONE!

Feb 5, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
For bass? mostly just the overall sound, detail, clarity?? not bothered about durability?? ANYONE!

I wish I could comment on the Turbines and Klipsch...  I do have a review of the SuperDarts though.  The bass is really powerful, with large focus on both the bass impact and texturing.  The midrange is really open though and don't seem as recessed as many people make them seem (but are recessed).  The CC51s sound more recessed than the SuperDarts.  Treble-wise, they are detailed and clear, but just a little treble-happy at times.

Here is my review of them: http://www.ifans.com/blog/38239/

Feb 5, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Nice review but are they worth £200 and will they stay in my ears if i go gym?? if so then im defo getting them

There definitely some better sound for the price, I'll admit that.  They could have done slightly better with the midrange, if they did do that, I could say they were priced competatively, but not a huge "deal" or bang for the buck.  They will stay in your ears while at the gym.

Feb 19, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #5 of 5

Thanks for the review, very nicely done. I've been resisting these since they were first announced, as a lot of the other Atomic Floyds got slated for sound quality, however I've heard a few good things about these but it's been hard to find an honest review that isn't from some big tech blog that quite clearly sounds like a pre-scripted  'review' aka... advert!

As I'm slightly magpieish in my love of shiny cnc'd bits of stainless steel and aluminium it's been even harder for me to resist this long, but your review has just convinced me to give in, so my RF Punch Plugs and CmoyBB are up for sale now and I'll be ordering these in a few weeks. So just want to drop by and say thanks for the review and for helping to convince me to order a set :wink:

Quote:
I wish I could comment on the Turbines and Klipsch...  I do have a review of the SuperDarts though.  The bass is really powerful, with large focus on both the bass impact and texturing.  The midrange is really open though and don't seem as recessed as many people make them seem (but are recessed).  The CC51s sound more recessed than the SuperDarts.  Treble-wise, they are detailed and clear, but just a little treble-happy at times.

Here is my review of them: http://www.ifans.com/blog/38239/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back