Atlas Earbuddy - Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones - Any owners reading this?
Mar 3, 2015 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

felixdadog

New Head-Fier
Looking for the best bluetooth in-ear headphones and just found these ones: http://www.atlasmediaco.com/#!earbuddy/clod

They get pretty good reviews on Amazon and seem to have a nice setup: In-ear buds (don't like the Plantronics Backbeat Fit style allowing too much ambient noise / wind buffeting), flat cable, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC.

They seem to be new because there's not even a single post about them on head-fi.org :)

Would be great to get your thoughts on these!

The other competitors in my shortlist are:
  1. Sony SBH80
  2. Jaybirds Bluebuds X
  3. Plantronics BackBeat Fit

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Thanks guys.

Jun 28, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi Felix, I don't make it around her to post too often anymore, but in doing some Google searches on this headphone model, your Head-Fi post popped up.  I've chewed through more than my fair share of wired and wireless workout / running in-ears.  I recently sent back the RBH EP-SB wireless bluetooth model that I originally paid $179 for.  They sounded absolutely amazing for being BT and to think I could have this beautiful sound when working out.  Well, the love affair ended after about a month.  It seemed that sweat was probably getting into the mic opening and they wouldn't turn out for about a day until they aired out.  Probably thinking while I'm going on about these RBHs.  Well, in searching Amazon, I come across these Atlas EarBuddys at $99.  I'm looking at these things and the specs and thinking to myself, these sure do look similar to the RBHs I just returned.  After comparing specs and looking at pics, I'm about 95% positive that RBH is re-branding the Atlas model for a significant markup.  They're selling the EP-SB for $149 now it looks like.  Well, doing some further research, I think they both may be re-badged FSL Inertia, which sell for even cheaper around $60.  I mean some of the accessories, case, control layouts, how they charge, all that stuff looks identical.  Wanted to see if you ended up getting these or not.  Take care.

Jul 23, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 5
After looking at both the EP-SB and Atlas Earbuddy user manuals (RBH, Atlas) and noticing the sheer number of repeat images, I'm 100% sure that one of them is a re-design of the other. But I'm not really sure which one is the original.

Judging off the fact that the RBH manual looks like it has higher-res images/diagrams than the Earbuddy manual (whereas many of the images in the Earbuddy look like scaled screenshots of the RBH manual images), it would seem that RBH created the original one. The fact that the RBH EP-SBs were shown at CEDIA in 2014 would also hint that they might be more legit than the Earbuddies.

Still not sure if they both use the same drivers, but they both use AptX so my guess would be that they do.

With all that said, would you still recommend the EP-SBs? I'm considering buying a pair to use as my daily driver IEMs, since it seems like the sound quality would be good enough for that purpose. As long as they hold up they should be good for gym use as well.

I'd still probably prefer to play it safe and buy the EP-SBs because of the Comply tips and return policy. They're on sale at $150 right now.

Quote:
  Hi Felix, I don't make it around her to post too often anymore, but in doing some Google searches on this headphone model, your Head-Fi post popped up.  I've chewed through more than my fair share of wired and wireless workout / running in-ears.  I recently sent back the RBH EP-SB wireless bluetooth model that I originally paid $179 for.  They sounded absolutely amazing for being BT and to think I could have this beautiful sound when working out.  Well, the love affair ended after about a month.  It seemed that sweat was probably getting into the mic opening and they wouldn't turn out for about a day until they aired out.  Probably thinking while I'm going on about these RBHs.  Well, in searching Amazon, I come across these Atlas EarBuddys at $99.  I'm looking at these things and the specs and thinking to myself, these sure do look similar to the RBHs I just returned.  After comparing specs and looking at pics, I'm about 95% positive that RBH is re-branding the Atlas model for a significant markup.  They're selling the EP-SB for $149 now it looks like.  Well, doing some further research, I think they both may be re-badged FSL Inertia, which sell for even cheaper around $60.  I mean some of the accessories, case, control layouts, how they charge, all that stuff looks identical.  Wanted to see if you ended up getting these or not.  Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back