Atlanta Computer Audio Event, Sun June 28, need help!
May 20, 2009 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Tyll Hertsens

Garmentus Vulgaris & Headphoneus Supremus
Member of the Trade: Innerfidelity
Hiya Georgia
wave.gif

Chuck Bruce - VP Industry Relations, Audio Video Club of Atlanta - has asked me to help him putting together an event. Basically, the Audio Video Club of Atlanta wants to have a look at high-end audio on computers.

I'll be bringing down our Audiophile Desktop System, but what we'd both really like is if some of you Georgia Head-Fiers could bring your computer rigs to show off at the event.

We need 4 members with nice computer systems who would be willing to bring them and show them off to folks at the event.

The event will be held on Sunday June 28. Access to the rooms for set-up will be at 12 Noon, with the event commencing at 2 PM, running to appx 5 PM, breakdown by 6 PM.

The venue will be:
Marriott Courtyard Northlake
4083 La Vista Road, Tucker, GA 30084
770-938-1200.
Near intersection of La Vista Rd and I-285 freeway.

If you are interested in showing off your gear, or just going to the event, please post up here and we'll "git 'er done."

Thanks much.
thumb.gif

May 20, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #2 of 39
I have my MacBook and Apogee Duet.I can drive Sennheisers or Grados through my Bryston BP-25. DIY breakout cable provides connection between the Duet and the Bryston.

I have some needle-drops and loseless rips that sound very good.

May 20, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 39
Hey Tyll-

I will try to get it posted, but you might want to contact Chris Connaker from Computer Audiophile/ and see if he will put it up on his home page as an event. Happens to be the same day as a big event he is hosting out here in Berkeley but it should get some computer audio eyeballs on the info. Good luck!

May 20, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh! Yum! Perfect! You're in.

Anybody else out there in Atlantaland wanna show off their gear?

BTW, I did check with Chuck today and he said there is no charge for admission and everyone is welcome. I thought that was pretty nice of him.

May 20, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #5 of 39
I just happen to be switching back to computer audio. I had a CD setup next to my couch, but I keep falling asleep whenever I listen to anything.
redface.gif
My computer is a 4 year old homebrew PC with a Chaintech AV-710 for the optical output, so we should be able to connect most anything to it as long is it's TOSLINK or USB, and I'll bring a large collection of FLAC (probably my whole collection) for sampling purposes. All I to do is pretty up the setup like I used to have it.

In other words, I'm up for it.
atsmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

QTF!

May 20, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #6 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so we should be able to connect most anything to it as long is it's TOSLINK or USB, and I'll bring a large collection of FLAC (probably my whole collection) for sampling purposes. All I to do is pretty up the setup like I used to have it.

In other words, I'm up for it.
atsmile.gif

Great! Does that mean you need a DAC and headphone amp for your computer? If so, I'd be happy to loan you one for the day?

May 20, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #7 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great! Does that mean you need a DAC and headphone amp for your computer? If so, I'd be happy to loan you one for the day?

I guess I should have got into a little more detail. I usually run a self-modded Entech 203.2 DAC and a PPA for an amp, so I'm OK on that front. I'm always open to sample new gear though, even if my wallet may hate me for it later.
icon10.gif

May 20, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #8 of 39
This sounds interesting. I could bring both my PC (SPDIF out for CD or FLAC) and my Squeezebox which plays FLAC over the network off my fileserver. Both are fed into my Audio Alchemy DAC and split into two headamps (one of which powers a pair of Epos M5 speakers). I can has admission?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #9 of 39
I can help as well. Might can bring my laptop and DHA3000 and L3000 combo to the meet.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm very curious about your new stuff Tyll!

May 21, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #10 of 39
Tyll,
Sent you an email. Just to add to that, do you need a ride from the airport or any other help? Email or call.

May 23, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #11 of 39
If I can get off that week I would love to come, esp since I live maybe half a mile from the venue. I would be more than willing to help set up if needed as well.

May 23, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #12 of 39
Well, I use FLAC files exclusively for two years now, but my stuff is on the simple side of things.
wink.gif
I can show Millett MAXes and MiniMAXes using Alien DACs and BantamDACs with a laptop (assuming I get the Vista-USB fix loaded this time!). I'll also have the newest Millett Hybrid MAX that has a BantamDAC mounted directly on the PCB with relay switching between that and RCA-inputs.

May 24, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #13 of 39
Sorry haven't got back sooner, been buried in CanJam stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can has admission?
smily_headphones1.gif

You can has indeed, man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm very curious about your new stuff Tyll!

I'll have the Desktop Audiophile System, and the new HD800s Balanced .... I hope.
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tyll,
Sent you an email. Just to add to that, do you need a ride from the airport or any other help? Email or call.

Chuck, with the audio club, has been enormously generous (that southern hospitality I guess) and I think that's all covered. I'll let you know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I can get off that week I would love to come, esp since I live maybe half a mile from the venue. I would be more than willing to help set up if needed as well.

Show up at noon, mate. I'm sure there'll be something to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I use FLAC files exclusively for two years now, but my stuff is on the simple side of things.
wink.gif
I can show Millett MAXes and MiniMAXes using Alien DACs and BantamDACs with a laptop (assuming I get the Vista-USB fix loaded this time!). I'll also have the newest Millett Hybrid MAX that has a BantamDAC mounted directly on the PCB with relay switching between that and RCA-inputs.

70 words of total computer gobblety-gook. PERFECT! Bring it all, sounds great I bet.

Thanks loads guys. It'll be fun to get together and infect some audiohile n00bs to the computer audio/headphone world.

May 24, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll have the Desktop Audiophile System, and the new HD800s Balanced .... I hope.
eek.gif

Damn you. Damn you to hell.

May 24, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #15 of 39
I have:

Macbook Pro -> Apogee Mini-DAC -> Ti-Kan Beta22 -> "Vintage A" RS-1

I am moving to Atlanta this week!

I should probably also add that I have >100GB of Lossless MFSL / Black Triangle / DDS / and other high-end recordings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back