Atlanta Audio Club Annual Meet - May 5, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #46 of 66
Why our meet is not on the front page of Headfi?
Purk, The onlly time we have been on the front page was when you pulled some strings. Is it possible our little meet is considered too small to be advertised on the front page?

May 4, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #48 of 66
Purk, The onlly time we have been on the front page was when you pulled some strings. Is it possible our little meet is considered too small to be advertised on the front page?

I was also in touch with Axel C back then as well, as the impressions thread was also on FP that or the next day

But I made posts for this on Reddit and a few FaceBook Groups! As well as a few other places

May 4, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #51 of 66

Sorry then as I should have contacted the mods earlier. I reached out to Jude last night and he just replied this morning. He already assigned the task to the responsible party. Thanks Jude!

May 4, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #52 of 66
@justin w. ,

Is it too late for you to grab the AK1000 DAP too? I think it maybe easier for me just to visit you in VA....haha.

And we are on the front page! Thanks Jude and moderators!

Last edited:
May 4, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #54 of 66
Thanks, Purk - that was a great move!
@purk

Yes man thank you and I'm so happy I'll actually have a lyr 3 for everyone to hear there

And of course a big thank you @SchiitFerBrainz & the great staff and team working under @Jason Stoddard for sending that my way so that I could share with everybody tomorrow

It is a great sounding amplifier one of my all-time favorites from them so I'm really excited for those if you have not heard it to get to hear it

May 4, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #55 of 66
You heard it here first!

Thanks to member Jim Slemenda, we have a pair of Oppo PM-2 Headphones for the raffle. Jim won them a couple of years ago but really doesn’t use them so he decided to give someone who would use them a chance to win them. Doesn’t think he has even 45 minutes of use, so the lucky winner will still have to break them in! Thanks Jim!

And Justin Wilson from HeadAmp comes through for us again. Not satisfied just helping with meet expenses, he has also contributed a brand new pair of HIFIMAN Sundara Headphones AND a new pair of Focal Sphear Wireless Headphones to the raffle. That’s what we here in Atlanta call real SUPPORT for the Southern area headphone community!

This is the last announcement… see y’all tomorrow!!

May 4, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #56 of 66
I will be arriving at jinya Ramen at 9:30 if anyone is free please you're welcome to come join me for a late dinner!!

What's up no matter what you guys are doing tonight I hope you all get plenty of sleep and we'll see you tomorrow

May 4, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #58 of 66
FYI, Mshenay has donated 3 "branded" Tee shirts and a ZMF OCC Copper Cable to the raffle!

Yep I've got swag from linear tube audio JDS labs and emotiva so be sure to to show them some love

@theotherjude

& thanks @zach915m for providing the cable as well to be givien away to the community

And while I couldn't quite get the timing just right to have some zmf cans at my table I will be using their exceptional high-quality copper and silver plated copper cables and a few other headphones, so if you are a cable believer I encourage you to come check them out!!! I feel that both the 2K copper and silver mechanicos really capture an Translate the slight total and presentation changes that a good cable can bring to your system overall

Even better each is quite distinct without being really excessive and what it brings to the table

Last edited:
May 4, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #59 of 66
The wife and I have checked into our Airbnb near Lennox Square and I look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow, Next Atlanta meet (or Nashville if any of you come up) I’ll make sure and make myself available for dinner; that would be quite enjoyable.

purk
...I will bring the following:

Amplifiers:
Headamp Aristaeus or KGSSHV Carbon or STAX SRM-D10

You have probably made up your mind before now; I vote for the KGSSHV Carbon because price- and reputation-wise it seems a good Solid State comparison to the tube-based Blue Hawaii.SE (which I am seriously considering). I just love the tube sound so much...

Last edited:
May 4, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #60 of 66
The wife and I have checked into our Airbnb near Lennox Square and I look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow, Next Atlanta meet (or Nashville if any of you come up) I’ll make sure and make myself available for dinner; that would be quite enjoyable.

You have probably made up your mind before now; I vote for the KGSSHV Carbon because price- and reputation-wise it seems a good Solid State comparison to the tube-based Blue Hawaii.SE (which I am seriously considering). I just love the tube sound so much...

I just packed up the Aristaeus but if you want to hear the Carbon, I can bring the Carbon instead.

If you love the tube magic then stay with the BHSE and the Aristaeus is the lushest among the three but it has the least power and resolution. It still sounds quite excellent to my ears.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back