Atlanta Audio Club Annual Meet - May 5, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #16 of 66
I will be there too (thanks again for the head up, Purk). First meet with AAC...probably bring along my LKS DAC/MZ2 rig with some cans. See you all soon!

Apr 25, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #18 of 66
I will be there too (thanks again for the head up, Purk). First meet with AAC...probably bring along my LKS DAC/MZ2 rig with some cans. See you all soon!

Looking forward to meeting you. With Headamp being at the meet, I will not bring any of my electrostatics this year. Will only bring dynamic system. I will bring the Audio-Technica HA5050H amplifier/DAC for everyone to check out.

Apr 25, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #20 of 66

My wife and I are coming down from the Nashville area and are looking forward to meeting some new people, and hearing some "kit" I've never heard before. I'll be most interested in hearing your MZ2! For the last year that was one of the two "regular" tube-based amplifiers upon which I had settled (the other being the Dragon Inspire IHA-1). This, until someone told me I needed to at least hear the Stax SR-009 headphones before taking the big headphone plunge. I'm not $ure if that i$ what you'd call a friend, or not...

Apr 25, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #21 of 66
Thanks for the warm welcome and looking forward to it as well! Will probably ask my wife if she wants to join and see if I can't scare up some other folks as well...

My wife and I are coming down from the Nashville area and are looking forward to meeting some new people, and hearing some "kit" I've never heard before. I'll be most interested in hearing your MZ2! For the last year that was one of the two "regular" tube-based amplifiers upon which I had settled (the other being the Dragon Inspire IHA-1). This, until someone told me I needed to at least hear the Stax SR-009 headphones before taking the big headphone plunge. I'm not $ure if that i$ what you'd call a friend, or not...

Good deal, DelsFan, though I'm sorry to hear about your "friend" ha! I like the Dragon too as it is 6SN7 based and makes a great pre-amp for 2 channel too...don't think you could go wrong with it either. Glad your interested and I'll be sure to pop some good tubes in the MZ2 since you're making the trip!

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #22 of 66
I do have to admit the SR 009 [non s] is one of and possibly my very favorite headphone

I'll have quite a lot this year I hope. Waiting on some shipping confirmation from a few folks before I post anything concrete!

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #23 of 66
APRIL 26 UPDATE

Club members and friends I have an exciting announcement adding to the raffle. In addition to the Vanatoo T1Es currently under review by yours truly, we have added a brand-new pair of Grado SR 80 (Click Here) headphones courtesy of the fine folks at Grado, and a set of new, 1More (Brand) Triple Driver BT In-Ear, Batt Operated Headphones (Click Here) donated by the manufacturer and Chuck. But it doesn't end there! We'll also have four jazz vinyl albums donated by our fabulous jazz reviewer Eddie Carter from his collection. (And you know he ain’t got no junk albums!!) Who knows what else might get donated by the 5th!??

EveAnna Manley of Manley Labs is sending us one of their Manley Absolute Headphone Amplifiers (and also pre-amplifier) for your listening enjoyment! Don’t get too excited though… it’s NOT in the raffle! But it is a work of art! (Click Here)

If you’re not going to be there you’re going to miss out on the headphone event of the year… and you don’t want to do that now, do you!

Apr 29, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #24 of 66
Good deal, DelsFan, though I'm sorry to hear about your "friend" ha! I like the Dragon too as it is 6SN7 based and makes a great pre-amp for 2 channel too...don't think you could go wrong with it either. Glad your interested and I'll be sure to pop some good tubes in the MZ2 since you're making the trip!

You are very kind; I'll look forward to meeting you!

Apr 29, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #25 of 66
I will be bring along @chinsettawong DIY Electrostatic Headphones as well. I may have to bring either the KGSSHV Carbon or Aristaeus now to power these bad boys.

Apr 30, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #27 of 66
I finally have confirmation for most what's coming with me, I'll group gear into the systems I intend to have there for everyone to listen to & Enjoy

Modi 3
  • Lyr 3
Aune X1S
  • Schiit Vali 1
JDS Labs EL Dac / OL Dac
  • Atom
  • EL Amp
Auris Euterpe

RME ADI 2 [With Topping D-10 running USB to Coax]
  • Ember II with Noise Nuke & All circuit Bypasses
  • Recapped/Modded APPJ pa1502a
  • RHNP Precision Headphone Amp
Headphones;

Audeze;
  • LCD X
  • LCD 2C
Sennheiser
  • HD 800
  • HD 600
Mr Speakers Aeon C
Campfire Audio Cascade
  • Stock Filters Removed
Sendy Avia
AKG K702

An If any one would like I can also bring
E-MU Purpleheart with CAL Pads
SONY MDR V6
Superlux HD 668B with Velours
iBasso PB2 with external LPSU
ALO RKMX3B
HeadAmp Pico Power
HM901
Geek Out V2+
JDS Labs The Element

And I might have some ZMF stuff on hand, still waiting to get confirmation on them/that

An part of what I have is on temporary loan from a few vendors, so I want to also thank them for allowing me to bring this stuff to this meet! I love what I've heard from these products and I'm excited for those of you who have not heard some or most of this gear to get to hear it!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #28 of 66
Dang that's quite the collection! I'm looking forward to it I gotta say. You were at the last Atlanta meet as well right? I think I remember some of this stuff from 2018.

Apr 30, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #29 of 66
Due to a scheduling mix-up, the Manley Absolute is not available for the meet. Sorry to have rung everybody's bell unnecessarily! There should still be lots of interesting gear to see and hear though!!

Was really hoping to compare my HA5050H to Manley. Man....really want this to happen.

May 2, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #30 of 66
Quick Update, I will not have the LCD 3 or 2 Closed Back on hand

Just the 2Classic Open Back and LCD X! Slight miscommunication on my part, but personally I really like X and 2C the most in terms of their Value and overall presentation!

Maybe in the future I'll have on hand for shows, still to those excited to hear it I do apologize!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back