Atkins dieters advised to cut fat intake
Jan 21, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #16 of 20
I didn't get the same results from Atkins.

It was better, but not good enough (not nearly as good as your results, congrats, man. that's awesome).

I will have to further restrict my diet, and exercise more.

Maybe I'll try tattooing my butt.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Jan 21, 2004 at 10:27 PM Post #17 of 20
...I did the good ol' South Beach diet and I lost 24 pounds and have *kept it off* since August or so. Took about a month to shed that. It's easy to maintain, because it is both simple (can be summed up in a sentence or two) and grants decent latitude with portion sizes, etc.

I feel much better, have more energy during the day and sleep better at night. I wouldn't give it up for the world.

Regards,
Sir Mister Matt

Jan 21, 2004 at 11:06 PM Post #18 of 20
Matt,

My doc suggested that I try the South Beach as a moderate approach now that I have my other problems under control. I guess I'm gonna have to buy the damn book!
rolleyes.gif

I have thought about writing my own modified South Beach called the Son of the Beach diet, or S.O. B. diet for short...

"Hello there miss, my name's Notch Johnson, you look great, what diet have you been on lately?" Bikini-clad beach bunny replies, "I think he said his name was Atkins Diet. He told me he was a famous doctor..."

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
wink.gif

Jan 22, 2004 at 3:00 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by gbeard
My doc suggested that I try the South Beach as a moderate approach

I had done Atkins in the past ('99) and lost ten pounds on it, but it was just too "hard line" and I wasn't reasonably able to keep it up. The South Beach version (let's face it, it's a rip-off) is far easier to follow, far easier to cook for and eat out with and far easier mentally (you wanna cheat? sure, just do the first two weeks over again, no biggie). I cheat every week or so, sometimes many times in a certain week, because it feels really, really good and I earned it by losing that big 24 pounds. When I cheat and go have, say, a Chicago-style pizza or some serious Boliche with fresh Cuban bread, it also just tastes so much better and more intense.

Once you get off of white sugar, white flour, potatoes, bread, candy, cookies, cake and all that crap, it helps your whole system of awareness to just *snap* into focus and you will notice a huge jump in daily alacrity, an increase and steadying of energy levels, etc. It's good stuff and worth the piddly amount of discipline you must push yourself through.

- Matt

Jan 22, 2004 at 5:51 AM Post #20 of 20
My parents are on the Atkins diet. They are eating a lot more salads and vegetables than they did before. Basically, the cut out the high carb high calorie (but the carbs turn into fat of course) foods out of their diet. They don't eat more meat, they just don't eat the carbs that get burned before the fat.

Our bodies because of evolution crave fat. Cutting out fat will not help lose weight. Eating more veggies will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back