ATI Audio Technology Gear, anybody have any experience?
Aug 24, 2009 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

alcyst

100+ Head-Fier
They have a range of industrial looking headphone amps and DACs, as well as very grim looking studio gear aimed at the broadcast industry.

Aug 24, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #2 of 8
Really ?

Do you have a link ?

Peete.

Aug 26, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #4 of 8
Actually now that I've gone looking I've discovered another "ATI",
Amplifier Technologies Inc.

As well as another Audio Technologies
Audio Technologies

But the one I was wondering about is;
ATI Audio

I stumbled on them via the bhphotovideo website. I just love that B&H website & shop, well with a visit if you like cameras, or audio, and are in NY.

And the moral of the story for any of you start-ups out there; don't mix Audio and Technology in your name if you are an audio technology company.
It is also not;
www.audiotechnology.dk
or
www.audiotechnology.com.au

Aug 26, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #5 of 8
Having a quick look at the gear line up I'd say they are strictly in the Professional Audio camp and as such it's likely that gear would make for a pretty poor audiophile setup....just my quick 2 cents on the matter.

I do have experience with gear in the Pro world...it's a different set of priorities entirely.

Peete.

Aug 26, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #6 of 8
I kinda like my SPL Auditor and SPL and ATI audio seem to have roughly the same product line-up. These might sound pretty good if detail and neutrality is what you're looking for.

Aug 30, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #7 of 8
their Auditor is new in '09, what prompted you to try it? Only designed (recommended?) for headphones of 30 ohm+.

Does someone else on head fi use their Phonitor as an Avatar? SPL make big claims for that, and the reviews have been positive.

Aug 30, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #8 of 8
I tested out a phonitor and I really liked it. I read that the Auditor has the same circuitry as the phonitor less the crossfeed functions at half the price.

My HD800 is 300 ohm, hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back