ATHM50LE with Ipod, is there a need for a portable amp? What about through Laptop?
Sep 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gigispeed1332

New Head-Fier
I will be getting my ATHM50LE's on Monday and was wondering while listening through a ipod classic, is there any need for an E6/E7 or an E17? I was told by a few people that honestly, unless I want to listen through the Ipod with an absoultey insane volume, I will not hear any improvement with these portable amps. Is that true, Id like to get some varying opinions on this before I go out and buy one. I can afford the E17 (even thought it is more money) so I thought I would add that.

Also further question, what about listening through a laptop? Would I benefit from a portable amp or a desktop amp, and If I would what would be a good purchase within a decent price range? Id love to hear some opinions on that too.

Thank you for your input guys and I hope I have given enough information. I should note I will be using this almost like a 50/50 split, on the go (train/bus on breaks at work) with my Ipod and 50% at home after work at my laptop. So both aspects are important to me (although I might lean more twoards the portable taking precedent because of course I can use the portable amp and the ipod source at home, but not vice versa)

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back