ATH900 or Senn 595?
Sep 1, 2007 at 1:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Stradius

New Head-Fier
Which do you think I would be better off buying?

Generally speaking, I do a bit of everything. From music, to gaming, to movies.

Also, any recommended amps between the two?

Sep 1, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 4
I haven't had the opportunity to audition the 595 so I can't comment on them. I do own a pair of A900 and find them to be a great all arounder for gaming, to music, to movies. The A900s don't reaquire an amp to sound good as they are easy to drive. You may also consider the open version of the A900 which is the AD900 as many have commented that they sound better than the A900.

Sep 1, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #3 of 4
They are not that different actually, I'd go for open if you don't need an isolation. Plus, HD595, from my memory, has a better midrange.

Sep 1, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 4
Also from my experience:

Open Air is better for Music and Movies. It really brings your music alive, regardless of what brand you choose.

Closed is much much better for gaming. I wouldn't use Open Air for gaming. You need the isolation and the spatial directional sounds much clearer on closed headphones.

Considering that the HD595 are Open Air.

Why wouldn't you try the AIR, Air Dynamic Headphones series from AudioTechnica. For the HD595, I read that the AD700 are a great alternative. For some they prefer it. You'll also find that there are comparisons that say the mid are much better on the AD700s.

My Suggestion:

Music and Movies: AD700 or the HD595
Gaming: A GAMING HEADSET, One Made For Gaming, Made With Gamer's Experience and Consultation....Hint Hint Hint. If not, try the Senn HD280

Or as others have suggested, the A900 might be your best bet for one single headphone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back