ATH W5000 and Supermacro LE Great Match!
Jun 22, 2007 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jlingo

500+ Head-Fier
W5000 by default has a very coloured midrange. EMP makes it smooth and less exciting, also, it makes W5000 becomes awefully colored in the midrange area. Although it's fun to listen to such signature with certain type of music.

W5000 with M902 is lacking of bass. too ruler flat, Nasty sounding IMO.

Supermacro LE(WITH BASSBOOST) with W5000 is the best I have heard so far. It tames the midrange colouring making it sound a little bit more neutral, and the detail and texture is there, most importantly THE BASS, IT BECOMES A BEAST!! VERY DEEP, VERY TIGHT, AND PUNCHY! VERY CLEAN TOO. Anyone has tried this combo?

Oct 13, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Supermacro LE(WITH BASSBOOST) with W5000 is the best I have heard so far. It tames the midrange colouring making it sound a little bit more neutral, and the detail and texture is there, most importantly THE BASS, IT BECOMES A BEAST!! VERY DEEP, VERY TIGHT, AND PUNCHY! VERY CLEAN TOO. Anyone has tried this combo?

I have the Supermaco IV and I am not too sure how similar it is to the LE. After reading your experience, I thought I tried out the W5000 with the Supermacro IV (with the BASSBOOST). And you're right there...the midrange is so much better...the honkiness that some have reported (and I have noticed as well) is gone. Bass is also naturally fuller (what else to expect with BASSBOOST
basshead.gif
) but thought it lost a bit of the tightness.

Good synergy on the whole.

Oct 13, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #3 of 4
When I had my recabled W5000 and Supermacro LE...I never tried it
frown.gif
I wish I had...

Oct 13, 2007 at 6:58 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I had my recabled W5000 and Supermacro LE...I never tried it
frown.gif
I wish I had...

By the way just to update.
LISA III and W5000 combination are even better match than LE. It sounds bigger, smoother, thicker, more refined, and also the bass is very warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back