Gradino

100+ Head-Fier
Panasonic RP-HDA100 Stereo Headphoneù
f_panasonic_rphda100.jpg

Audio-Technica ATH-W1000 Dynamic Headphone
f_audiotechnica_athw1000.jpg

Sony MDR-CD3000 Digital Reference Headphones
f_sony_mdrcd3000.jpg

Can you describe the sound of these three headphone?

Sep 26, 2004 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by null
that panasonic can looks intriguing, though i doubt any members here have listened to it...

sure does... but I'm more intrigued by its published frequency response. 3Hz~100kHz.

Sep 26, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #5 of 13
I must buy that panasonic....

Sep 26, 2004 at 6:55 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
sure does... but I'm more intrigued by its published frequency response. 3Hz~100kHz.

So they are marketing the thing for dogs and bats? Interesting
plainface.gif
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2004 at 7:07 PM Post #8 of 13
There are people that have listen this panasonic?

Thanks for link but to me like know the primary characteristic of the sound of this headphone.

What is the better headpone for link to tube and velvety sound?

Ath w1000?

Ciao
Salvatore

Sep 26, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #9 of 13
Well, this is clearly starting to move out of my league since I have very limited experience with high-end headphones, but I'm thinking the Sony MDR-R10s might be a good choice to look into?

P.S. I really like your name, it sounds very classy!

EDIT: Bolded the "might" to emphasize how unsure I am
tongue.gif

Sep 26, 2004 at 7:39 PM Post #10 of 13
I've owned all three.

HDA100: Very thin but fairly well focused. When bearing in mind that a lack of bass draws attention to the upper registers, it didn't actually feel that detailed... it just felt like an OK headphone with the bass EQ'd out. Very comfortable with an airy fit and good weight distribution. Otherwise totally undistinguished. An HD600 is MUCH better.

W1000: Once again pretty thin sounding in relation to other phones, but this time with the detail to make up for it. It's fluency based on a traditionally tubey source was pretty good and that made it my choice for classical, especially chamber music. It did a pretty acceptable job with other genres, but it lagged behind more 'rockier' phones in terms of impact.

CD3000: The all-rounder and the best phone in the group. It has the impact for rock/orchestral, the detail for classical, and a cavernous soundstage that outdoes the above two phones. Pair with tubes like an RKV and it may satisfy those who say it's too bright.

Sep 26, 2004 at 7:40 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
Well, this is clearly starting to move out of my league since I have very limited experience with high-end headphones, but I'm thinking the Sony MDR-R10s might be a good choice to look into?

well... considering how the cans he showed pictures of cost about a tenth of the price of an MDR-R10, I don't think he wants to look into that.

Sep 26, 2004 at 8:01 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
well... considering how the cans he showed pictures of cost about a tenth of the price of an MDR-R10, I don't think he wants to look into that.

Ah, did not remember to look at prices, sorry!
frown.gif

Sep 26, 2004 at 9:14 PM Post #13 of 13
Many thanks!!!

I'have a sennheiser hd 650 with cardas. What is the difference between it and cd3000? And then, what is the best headphone for detailed sound but with many body, velvety (like sound tube) and with big soundstage?
(price about 400-600 Dollar)

Ciao
Salvatore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back