ATH - m50x
Oct 26, 2015 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

itay24599

New Head-Fier
I got my new ATH - m50x  today. i noticed that even that they are closed back headphones, people around me are still able to hear what i'm hearing if the volume is high.
is there any problems with the headphones or that you can't expect 120 euro headphones not to leak sound at all.

Edit : i didn't notice that i should post it in the help forum 
blink.gif

Oct 30, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #6 of 10
Just got them too. At the volume I use the, never above 50% (mostly between 30-40%, but that depeds on the source...) on laptop and phone, I have no soud leak. I find them very good in that department.

On a side note, I think I will return them. Not exactly what I was expecting. I think they are good for the price (payed 130 € shipped), but I want more detail, less spark on highs and better vocals. My problem is finding a good pair of closed headphones (to use at work) that delivers... 

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #7 of 10
  Just got them too. At the volume I use the, never above 50% (mostly between 30-40%, but that depeds on the source...) on laptop and phone, I have no soud leak. I find them very good in that department.

On a side note, I think I will return them. Not exactly what I was expecting. I think they are good for the price (payed 130 € shipped), but I want more detail, less spark on highs and better vocals. My problem is finding a good pair of closed headphones (to use at work) that delivers... 

well for the price they are one of the best headphones that you can get. maybe you should raise your budget 
blink.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #10 of 10
  The sound get leaked only if the volume is over 70% 

Have the M50X's myself, also have the Bose AE2 for another reference.

Both leak sound, and if cranked up to 70% or higher in a quiet room I can still hear both easily from about 5-6 feet away.

Like others have said if you keep the volume around 50% it won't leak as much.

Just because a headphone is closed doesn't mean it will keep in all the sound. 
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back