ATH-M50x question?
Jun 7, 2015 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

SirAudio

Head-Fier
Hi.

I was thinking buying the ATH M50X headphones and I think the earpads are quite small. So I was wondering would the headphones fit my ears comfortably. My ear measurements are: 51mm high, 36mm wide. I measured my ears with a ruler so those numbers may not be very accurate.

I'm sure I'll buy these headphones so I don't need any other recommendations.

Thanks for your answers and sorry about my horrible English.

Jun 7, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 9
I measured my ATH-M50X:

Including ear padding
Horizontal length: 85mm
Vertical length: 95mm

The ear pads have an inner space that your ears can fit/slide into.
Not sure how to describe this exactly.

Sorry, I cannot measure my ears by myself.
eek.gif

Need someone to do it for me.

Jun 8, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #3 of 9
I measured my ATH-M50X:

Including ear padding
Horizontal length: 85mm
Vertical length: 95mm

The ear pads have an inner space that your ears can fit/slide into.
Not sure how to describe this exactly.

Sorry, I cannot measure my ears by myself. :eek:
Need someone to do it for me.
Thank you very much. One more question: Does your ears get sweaty or hot after like about 3 hours of listening? Because I really like to listen to music long periods of time.

Anyway your answer was very helpful and because these headphones will be my first full-sized headphones so I don't know much about these things. ☺

Jun 8, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #4 of 9
Wearing closed headphones with pleather pads can always cause your ears to get hot, depending on how warm it is where you are wearing them.

Jun 9, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #7 of 9
I use the ath-m40x which has the same earpads. I think they will fit your ears well. I didn't measure them though. Since it's hot in my country, after about 4 hours (just an estimate I never measure the time) it makes my ears sweat but only a little bit. If you really want less sweat, you could get something like brainwavz hm5 replacement earpads. There's a velour version and a memory foam version. It also has lots of colors. I plan on getting the white memory foam ear pads. Hope this helps!

Jun 9, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #9 of 9
I use the ath-m40x which has the same earpads. I think they will fit your ears well. I didn't measure them though. Since it's hot in my country, after about 4 hours (just an estimate I never measure the time) it makes my ears sweat but only a little bit. If you really want less sweat, you could get something like brainwavz hm5 replacement earpads. There's a velour version and a memory foam version. It also has lots of colors. I plan on getting the white memory foam ear pads. Hope this helps!
Thanks for your help. In my country there usually is pretty cold so I think the original earpads would be okay.☺

Users who are viewing this thread

Back