Ath-m50's vs custom one pro's? Anything else?
Oct 29, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #17 of 17
  Hey, i am going to buy a pair of headphones, the price range is where the ath-m50/custom one pro's are. I've only tried the m50's in person and liked the sound of them, the design can be discussed tho. I've heard the custom one pro's are very similar sounding, but they are very low impedance (16 ohm vs 38 on the m50's), i've heard that the impedance determinates how much juice you need to power them, but i've also heard that is not true, what is the truth here?

Would a pairs of cop's be a big improvement from akg k518 if i don't get all that detail out from them that i want? What headphones should i buy? It's a complete mess, there's so many!

Thanks.

I have never had trouble driving ATH-M50s.   My only issue with them is that the mids can sometimes sound recessed and the bass isn't as tight as it could be.   Still, they're a safe bet.

That said, I prefer the sound of the Denon DN-HP1000 which are overall similar, but a bit tighter in the bass, more forward in the mids, more sensitive, and a slightly less comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back