ATH-m50s for 11 dollars. HURRY
Nov 1, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #107 of 176
I read them before I made my post.  That's my point.  I don't understand the principle against a consumer making a profit off of a deal they took advantage of VS giving hi-fi members a great deal on a quality headphone.  For example:

1)  hi-fi member purchases $150 headphone and uses it for awhile.....decides to get something different........sells headphone on here for $100

2)  hi-fi member receives same headphone as a gift for free.......tries it out, but prefers what he already has......sells headphone on here for $100

3)  hi-fi member purchases same headphone at the amazing price of $10........tries it, but decides not to keep it.........sells it on here $50

4)  same as #3 except purchase was made with intent to flip it

So, it sounds like the only acceptable option for this forum is #1.  But what is so wrong with the other 3, especially considering options 3 and 4 are twice as beneficial to hi-fi members? 

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #108 of 176
Quote:Originally Posted by bigdaddyp16 

"I read them before I made my post.  That's my point.  I don't understand the principle against a consumer making a profit off of a deal they took advantage of VS giving hi-fi members a great deal on a quality headphone.  For example:
1)  hi-fi member purchases $150 headphone and uses it for awhile.....decides to get something different........sells headphone on here for $100
2)  hi-fi member receives same headphone as a gift for free.......tries it out, but prefers what he already has......sells headphone on here for $100
3)  hi-fi member purchases same headphone at the amazing price of $10........tries it, but decides not to keep it.........sells it on here $50
4)  same as #3 except purchase was made with intent to flip it
So, it sounds like the only acceptable option for this forum is #1.  But what is so wrong with the other 3, especially considering options 3 and 4 are twice as beneficial to hi-fi members? "

It's Head-Fi policy. This is not a venue for making a profit inless you have Member Of the Trade (MOT) status. Even then, there are policies in place. Simply do it somewhere else but here.

Nov 1, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #109 of 176
If I recall, exact same rules applied when the UE tripleFi10 was a steal at $99 on Amazon last year, which was a sticky thread on the forsale forum.  Be safe and follow policy and principle.  Threads like this makes it difficult for those who actually paid at or near retail price to sell them here because it opens up a can of questions 1) Did you buy them for $11; 2) Do you have receipt......next question.

Nov 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #110 of 176
Say you have an interest in acquiring one of these headphones, and dont care if the user is making a profit of lets say $50 or $70. In that case, can the "buyer" request that price in the wanted section, to get the attention of the people who were intending to flip?

PS: I did not have the chance to grab a pair of these headphones; it's a hypothetical question
wink.gif

Quote:
If I recall, exact same rules applied when the UE tripleFi10 was a steal at $99 on Amazon last year, which was a sticky thread on the forsale forum.  Be safe and follow policy and principle.  Threads like this makes it difficult for those who actually paid at or near retail price to sell them here because it opens up a can of questions 1) Did you buy them for $11; 2) Do you have receipt......next question.

Nov 1, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #111 of 176
One of mine just arrived. Until I actually held them I had this strange feeling that it might somehow not happen.
I know two companies that are going to receive some outrageous praise / feedback.

I had never heard of 17th Street Photo before. But now... I really like them.
atsmile.gif

This is one crazy marketing campaign !
wink_face.gif

Nov 1, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #112 of 176
^ I'll probably always check 17th Street Photo before making any decision on future headphone purchases.

It says something when you're committed enough to customer service that you're willing to sell the product at 10% of the intended price.

Nov 1, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #114 of 176
I wanted a pair of M50's to replace my AD700's at work. Now I have a pair for work and home!

Kudos to 17th Street photo and the OP.

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #115 of 176
Buyer has to decide for themselves if their purchase is worth it. I wouldn't care that a profit was turned if I was satisfied with the transaction. When I first got on here, I found a source selling a product for a few hundred less than the maker was selling them at. I posted it for the benefit of our members. It was resolved by the maker correcting their vendor's pricing a few days later.

My point is the buyer has to determine their purchasing practices. If they feel the transaction worth it, who are we to get involved? How do you fix the value of a sale item of say the HE90? If the market bears the cost, why would you sell for less? If I bought my dad's HE90 for $1000, am I not able to ask for market value in the FS forum?

In the case listed in this thread, people know of the deal and are trying to inflict morals determined by others on those benefiting this mistake. Why should they be penalized because they had the means to take advantage of it?

Buyer satisfaction drives the market.

IMO

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #116 of 176

Quote:
One of mine just arrived. Until I actually held them I had this strange feeling that it might somehow not happen.
I know two companies that are going to receive some outrageous praise / feedback.

I had never heard of 17th Street Photo before. But now... I really like them.
atsmile.gif

This is one crazy marketing campaign !
wink_face.gif

If you have ever heard of B&H think of it as a similar store but smaller.

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #117 of 176

Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by Satellite_6 

"Oh really? Well in that case if people are feeling generous enough they can still sell them for not a prfoit can't they? "

I did the same thing when I was fortunate enough last year to take advantage of the TF10 deal. I broke even.

Cool beans. . . I wonder if anyone else on head-fi is that generous. 

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #118 of 176

Quote:

Cool beans. . . I wonder if anyone else on head-fi is that generous. 

Unless someone already has a better pair of cans, or just finds the m50 really not to their liking, it'll be unlikely. Considering the only other closed fullsize set of cans you can buy for $11 are the JVC Flats...it becomes extremely unlikely.

Nov 1, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #119 of 176

Quote:
If you have ever heard of B&H think of it as a similar store but smaller.

I know B&H very well. Have been buying from, and praising them for years.
I'll be in NYC later this month, I just may stop by and check out 17th Street.

Nov 1, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #120 of 176
It is drawing attention for the seller. Perhaps others will buy based on the chance they are getting a deal and this becomes a marketing ploy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back