ATH m50's Cracking?
May 15, 2013 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

irekxurek

New Head-Fier
I bought a pair of ATH m50's 3 months ago after reading through various forums and deciding they were the best choice. I loved them until recently when I noticed that some cracking occurs in only the right ear when a deep bass is being played. I assumed it was a faulty driver or something like that because it fades in and out. I have taken good care of them so I don't think that they are damaged that way. However to add onto that, if I press down on that earphone the case squeaks. Is this just faulty headphones or damage to them directly? Would something like this get progressively worse or is there something I can do to stop it? I am posting here because I don't know where else I could get help with this but it looks like something I will just have to deal with. 

May 15, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 3
Sorry to hear.  Always disappointing to buy gear with issues.

I'd communicate with the vendor and see if they'll do an exchange.  First, what I'd do, is check the headphones out on a different player... just to be sure the crackling in the bass shows up there as well.

May 15, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #3 of 3
I checked it out on my Ipod and Computer. The Ipod did bring out more disturbance than the computer but its there for both. My guess is that the difference is just in the music quality. I knew there wouldn't be much I could do but thanks for the input. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back