ATH m50s broke, found a replacement band on ebay what are your thoughts
Aug 22, 2016 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

tamir124

New Head-Fier
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Repair-Part-Headband-Cushion-Hook-For-Audio-technica-ath-M50-M50X-M50S-Headset-/172300828524?hash=item281dedff6c:g:2JcAAOSwKtVW06Sl
( the hook rotating thing is what broke)
Does it look legitimate ? Will it be hard to replace for me ? 
How would your describe the replacement process I'll need to do if I get that part?

Aug 29, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #2 of 2
It'll be a simple process. The first thing you'll have to do (that isn't reversible, anyway) is de-solder the wire that runs inside the headphone band from each cup. It's how the signal goes from the left driver to the right one. Once you do that, You'll have to remove the cups from the old pair, then solder the new wire onto each cup, then finally, place each cup on the new joints. You might need to do the soldering last though, I'm not sure, because I've never done that specific operation before.

If you're not up to soldering, you won't be able to do that job. That doesn't necessarily mean you won't be able to fix your cans, though. Which part, exactly, broke? Was it the joint that rotates the cup horizontally, or was it the little plastic piece that keeps the arm that holds the cup from hyper-extending out away from your head?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back