ATH-M50 vs MDR-1R ( for metal & rock )
Sep 19, 2013 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hobarey

New Head-Fier
Hello my friend
I have mh1c. i love that but in ear headphones dont fit my ear.

i listen metal and rock even classic. so i want to buy a headphone over-ear for comfort. i will use in home, bus, walk etc.( listening with over ear when walking may be weird but i have no choice )

End of my research i found 2 headphones:

1) Audio-Technica ATH-M50

2) Sony MDR-1R

i havent much money and i dont want to buy amfi.

i using galaxy s which has a great sound chip.

what do you suggest? that headphones or something else?  i heard something about ath-50. it isnt for metal. is that true?

note: i cant try headphones in store. because i couldnt find in local market.

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #2 of 7
  Hello my friend
I have mh1c. i love that but in ear headphones dont fit my ear.

i listen metal and rock even classic. so i want to buy a headphone over-ear for comfort. i will use in home, bus, walk etc.( listening with over ear when walking may be weird but i have no choice )

End of my research i found 2 headphones:

1) Audio-Technica ATH-M50

2) Sony MDR-1R

i havent much money and i dont want to buy amfi.

i using galaxy s which has a great sound chip.

what do you suggest? that headphones or something else?  i heard something about ath-50. it isnt for metal. is that true?

note: i cant try headphones in store. because i couldnt find in local market.

M50's not for metal? Nah. It's almost perfect for metal in terms of sound sig. A V shaped sound is generally good for metal and rock. 1R sounds more natural and warm, but if you are looking for fun and exciting sound, M50 is likely better for you, but 1R is much more comfortable. They both have pros and cons. Check out my review on M50. Click my reviews on my signature and go to multi heaphone review.

Sep 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #3 of 7

M50's not for metal? Nah. It's almost perfect for metal in terms of sound sig. A V shaped sound is generally good for metal and rock. 1R sounds more natural and warm, but if you are looking for fun and exciting sound, M50 is likely better for you, but 1R is much more comfortable. They both have pros and cons. Check out my review on M50. Click my reviews on my signature and go to multi heaphone review.

Thanks for the answer. i am going to buy m50 but my mind confused about Sennheiser HD 380

Sennheiser HD 380 vs ATH M50?

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #7 of 7
If your budget is limited consider the SRH440. For metal/rock, its better than the M50. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back