ATH-M50 vs HD 25-1-II
Dec 21, 2009 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

richbass

500+ Head-Fier
Ok !!
tongue.gif
Have had for 1 year now. Looking for something better with more sound stage and overall balanced frequency response.

thanks

Dec 21, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #3 of 14
This wasn't vague enough. Please be less specific?
tongue.gif

Sarcasm aside, yeah, we'll need more info on budget range, musical tastes, type of headphones needed (closed/open/cirumaural/supraaural, etc).

Dec 22, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 14
Supraaural means that it sits on top of the ears, while circumaural means that it goes around the ears. Either closed or open headphones can be either design. Your ear size can also play a part; headphones that are circumaural for a person with small ears could be supraaural for someone with large ears.

Even if you like all genres, it would be helpful to know what your favorite genre is, or what you tend to listen to more than others. For example, I love music from almost every genre, but I tend to listen to progressive rock more than any other genre.

Do you want another studio reference headphone, like the M50, or do you want something that's "more fun" to listen to, even if it's at the expense of some accuracy in the sound?

As K_19 asked, what's your budget range?

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #7 of 14
Go open to something like HD600 or stay in closed HP's and go Shure 840 or possibly Denon D2000 both which can be had for about $200. Be aware that while you can get an HD600 for around the $200 mark you do need a decent amp to drive them.

Dec 25, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by richbass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how is the MDR-V900HD as compared to ath-m50 ?

The sound staging and clarity are much better on the V900HD's, as well as having a quite powerful bassline - w/no muddiness. The V900Hd's sound amazing - they're a definite upgrade to the ATH-M50's (I have both BTW, look at my sig).

I just wish I could find velour ear pads for my V900HD's though................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back