ATH-M50 vs. Beats Solo Hd
Feb 6, 2013 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

alexinator

New Head-Fier
I'm planning on buying the M50s, and I have the Solo HDs now. The Solo HDs are really bad, the bass just overshadows the music. I want the ATH M50s, and they've overall been getting positive reviews on this site. But, I still haven't established whether or not if I'll get the "perfect, clear" sound I've been looking for. Please understand, I thought with Beats you could hear the way the artist intended you to hear he/her's music. Of course I was wrong. Can you hear instruments you haven't heard with the Solo HDs on the ATH M50? Can someone do a little comparison? Thanks in advance.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #2 of 6
I have owned a pair of M50s in white (coiled chord is best) for about 2 months now, and they are extremely good. I wasn't too impressed with them for the first week or so and thought they were weak on bass and not too detailed, I mainly listen to EDM. Now they are very detailed, comfy, and their overall presentation is just great with a wide range of clean bass and crisp highs. Very satisfying to listen to. I have done unbiased comparison to beats studio, beats mixer, skull candy aviator, sennheiser HD 239, etc. It simply outclasses all of them without blinking an eye. They truly are an astonishing pair of phones. The absolute only problem for me is that vocals can sometimes be slightly overshadowed since it emphasizes on bass and highs, but its not a deal breaker issue in any respect. When I put these on after listening to Beats Studios it was like a curtain was removed from inside the ear cup, worth every penny.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #4 of 6
You might get more specific recommendations if you tell us your price range and what kind of music you listen to/what sound signature you're after. The M50's are considered a good value, but they're not the best headphones for everyone.

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #5 of 6
You might get more specific recommendations if you tell us your price range and what kind of music you listen to/what sound signature you're after. The M50's are considered a good value, but they're not the best headphones for everyone.

This right here is good advice.

The M50 are an improvement over the Solo (and this is coming from someone who doesn't like the M50), but depending on what you want, there might be a better way to spend your $100-$200. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back