ATH-M50 Upgrade I am very confused.
Jan 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

pclov3r

100+ Head-Fier
Looking to possibly upgrade from a ATH-M50. I made a post awhile ago but never did upgrade but now I have reasons to. 

I managed to bend the connector on my M50 but it still works. Also, The pads are going and I don't want to opt for my 3rd replacement of pads.

I was looking at some options but really unsure at this point. I'm looking for an Upgraded ATH-M50 sound in the $200-250 price range. Low ohm's is a major plus as you will need no amp. Hopefully, Not loose to much bass. I don't wan't to much or to little.

I require a closed back set.

Looked at some options here:

HFI-780 
HFI-750
ATH-A900X
DT-770 Pro
Custom One Pro

Any suggestions?

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
Looking to possibly upgrade from a ATH-M50. I made a post awhile ago but never did upgrade but now I have reasons to. 

I managed to bend the connector on my M50 but it still works. Also, The pads are going and I don't want to opt for my 3rd replacement of pads.

I was looking at some options but really unsure at this point. I'm looking for an Upgraded ATH-M50 sound in the $200-250 price range. Low ohm's is a major plus as you will need no amp. Hopefully, Not loose to much bass. I don't wan't to much or to little.

I require a closed back set.

Looked at some options here:

HFI-780 
HFI-750
ATH-A900X
DT-770 Pro
Custom One Pro

Any suggestions?

You should look for a pair of Vmoda M-100s in the for sale section

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #7 of 8
Looking around I decided that the DT770's 80 OHM or Custom One Pro's would be better for me. 

Now it's a debate of which one of those to pick. Leaning towards the DT-770's for sound quality but question if i can get better unamped sound form the custom one pro. Custom one pro replaceable cable is a major plus for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back