ATH-M50 recabe
Dec 8, 2011 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tj28

New Head-Fier
I received a pair of AT ATH-M50's awhile back, recently the left driver went in and out. (I had to wiggle the wire at the plug in to fix it when it went out)
After playing with it enough the left driver went completely out.

So, I decided to recable it, I am going to shorten it plus replace the plug. I'll be using the original cord unless I need to replace it/have reason to.

I have a Neutrik NYS231BG, if anyone has experience with these, help would be nice. (The packaging was in chinese w/ no directions)

Also, I disconnected the original plug of the M50's exposing a black, green, and red wire. I looked at the ATH-M50 crosstalk thread, I believe the black wire is ground, red is the right driver, and green is the left. If anyone can confirm this for me that would be wonderful.

Basically all help appreciated. Thanks. :)

Dec 8, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 3
I have used that plug before. There are really no instructions needed. First slip on the barrel and the insulation on the cable. Strip your wires, tin and whatever. And solder accordingly. The shorter tab is left I believe (on the left side if the solder connections are facing you), the longer tab is right, and the big tab on the bottom is ground. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back