ATH-M50 or cks 77x ?
Sep 10, 2013 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Milkk2013

New Head-Fier
the cks 77x  are around 80$ and they seem to be good, the ath m50 are around 120$ and a lot of people seem to like them. I cant decide which one to get, because the m50 might have better sound because they are bigger, but my nexus 4 might not provide enough power to get good sound quality. unfortunately i cant buy them both because i have other expenses and only work part time because im still in high school. which one should i choose.  -thanks 

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 3
  the cks 77x  are around 80$ and they seem to be good, the ath m50 are around 120$ and a lot of people seem to like them. I cant decide which one to get, because the m50 might have better sound because they are bigger, but my nexus 4 might not provide enough power to get good sound quality. unfortunately i cant buy them both because i have other expenses and only work part time because im still in high school. which one should i choose.  -thanks 

Heya,

They will power fine from your Nexus 4. They are efficient. It's over-stated the need for amplifiers on these kinds of headphones, and portable headphones.

Suggestions for alternatives:

Ultrasone HFi 580 (bassy)
Ultrasone HFi 780 (balanced)
Audiotechnica PRO700MKII (bassy)
Brainwavz HM5 (balanced)
AudioTechnica WS55 (bassy)
AudioTechnica ES700 (balanced)
Shure SRH440 (balanced)
Shure SRH840 (balanced)
Vmoda M80 (balanced; warm)
AKG K167 (balanced; warm)
Beyer Custom One Pro (bassy)

Very best,

Sep 20, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #3 of 3
The cks77x will provide better bass quantity and quality. Bass centric iem, more forward mids ans highs. M50 is designed as a balanced headphone. It depends on your sound preference. Cks77x is more fun and m50 is more analytical and balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back