ATH-M50 of the watch world. Question to someone who knows watches.
May 23, 2012 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

MS3boostin

New Head-Fier
So, I am starting preliminary research into the complex world of watches, just like I did with the world of audio some years ago.

I am looking for an entry level luxury watch and was wondering if anyone on this site happens to enjoy watches as much as they do audio equipment.

My budget is about $500. Can go up a hundred or two should the watch prove irresistable. 

I'm now just learning the basics and finding out what I may like for a first watch (I'm just about to graduate college), and I've leaned towards a skeleton design (not concrete), with a non-quartz movement. I'm looking for something other than Chinese (Invicta, Swiss Legend). 

So far some designs I've liked include some Seiko's with kinetic movement as well as a nice skeleton from a small German watchmaker named Kemmner. 

ex: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kemmner-Skelettuhr-SG5037-silber-schwarz-/290716957955?pt=DE_Kleidung_Schmuck_Accessoires_Uhren_Armbanduhren&hash=item43b014bd03#ht_500wt_1031

I'm just looking for the M-50 of the watch world. A watch that any conniouseeur would say is bang for your buck, something of quality and craftsmanship that comes from a respectable watchmaker, that does not break the bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back