ATH-M50 - my impressions
Dec 21, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #16 of 26
It seems like if a song sounds like @$$ these phones tend to make it worse. Thought I should add that. Also compared to some phones, it can sometimes sound like you're hearing certain sounds through a thin barrier like a piece of paper or something. Not always though. I guess they kind of tone things down bit. Bright songs sound normal and normal songs sound a bit dull. I don't want people to think that these are perfect and then be mad at my "lies". But, I do enjoy them for what they do well and think they have a place. I think that just about wraps it up. I better go wrap these up. Audios!

Dec 21, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #17 of 26
I think these are fine phones. Not as engaging as some, but nice still. It's forward, and does do rock and metal just fine. I just gave it a dose of Immortal and Hate Eternal. Tight, crisp, and clean. Some high end roll-off making the cymbals sound distant, but other than that, nothing displeasing.

May 10, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #18 of 26
I know it's been months but I just got to listen to these at my moms house when I went over to bring her a gift. They're better than I remember and this is after listening to AH-D7000's for awhile. The ath-m50 has some nice strong fun bass and such great separation with a nice torque to the sound. To this day I haven't heard TOOL sound better on anything. Also really great with hardcore like Ringworm. I miss em'. Definitely awesome phones especially for the $.

May 10, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #20 of 26
I think it's great. I found it noticeably easier to pinpoint direction of sound with the m50 than with my a900's and ad2000's in fps games.

May 10, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #23 of 26
I run it through a RSA Hornet M and is part of winter portable rig. Can't really use proper terminology very well, but it does give it slightly better clarity, a touch more bass impact, and a wider sound stage, but I think it still sounds really good unamped.

May 11, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #24 of 26
The isn't all that much difference unamped that I could notice but it may be a little different if you listened long enough to learn the sound.

May 17, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #26 of 26
gosh i want one of those, i can't stand not knowing howthey sound on the new isis album... i would love to hear hall of the dead on these...

but the damn ****ers over here charge almost 320USD for them!!!... ;__;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back