ATH-M50 Mic Mod++ Ideas?
Feb 28, 2011 at 2:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

WormHole

New Head-Fier
Quick introduction: been a lurker for a while, finally got myself decent pair of cans and decided to join, so this is my first post here. =)

After much research, I recently got a pair of ATH-M50s and straight away decided to recable them and add a detachable mic (being a gamer).

So, having opened the cans up and drilled for the mic jack, I now want to do more.
I am thirsty for mods so let loose any ideas you have and I might deliver. =D

So far I'm thinking of making the headphone cable detachable (to be able to switch between short and long cables), adding a volume controller with an on/off for the mic (or maybe even another volume control), either in-line or on the left earpiece if it fits.
I'm also considering refinishing them in white... But this will probably have to wait.

Will post first batch of pics tomorrow once I have mic jack soldered and new cable in place.

Mar 5, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #2 of 5
Quick introduction: been a lurker for a while, finally got myself decent pair of cans and decided to join, so this is my first post here. =)

After much research, I recently got a pair of ATH-M50s and straight away decided to recable them and add a detachable mic (being a gamer).

So, having opened the cans up and drilled for the mic jack, I now want to do more.
I am thirsty for mods so let loose any ideas you have and I might deliver. =D

So far I'm thinking of making the headphone cable detachable (to be able to switch between short and long cables), adding a volume controller with an on/off for the mic (or maybe even another volume control), either in-line or on the left earpiece if it fits.
I'm also considering refinishing them in white... But this will probably have to wait.

Will post first batch of pics tomorrow once I have mic jack soldered and new cable in place.

Hhmmm... Interesting, please post the pics. Thanks!

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #5 of 5
+2 This would be interesting to see. With all those volume knobs up there, it is only inevitable that LED lighting becomes incorporated somehow :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back