ATH-M50 & Glasses - unneccessary pain
Mar 1, 2010 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ekliptiko

100+ Head-Fier
I Recently got a pair of M50's, and it seems that the back of the pad contacts squarely with the end of the temple piece of my glasses behind my ears. With the phones on for a while, it really starts to hurt. Anyone else have this issue? or with other headphones maybe?

its really starting to bug me...

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 9
Even without glasses the m50's are very tight and gave me headaches for the first couple weeks. Since I do not wear glasses I do not know if its a problem with the headphone or because they are so tight. Mine started to loosen after a week or so and they still give me headaches at times, but they are definitely better than when I first got them. Maybe I will try them once I take my contacts out tonight and test them with glasses.

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ekliptiko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I Recently got a pair of M50's, and it seems that the back of the pad contacts squarely with the end of the temple piece of my glasses behind my ears. With the phones on for a while, it really starts to hurt. Anyone else have this issue? or with other headphones maybe

you should be glad you are not wearing earrings.

Mar 1, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 9
I agree that the pressure the M50s give will lessen through wear. I don't wear glasses, but I think it's possible that breaking in the headband alone could do it. If it hurts that much to wear them on your head, you could try breaking in the headband over a head-sized object, like the case of a desktop computer. Some people have used a basketball, but I'd be worried that it might be too big.

Mar 2, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by UNHchabo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...you could try breaking in the headband over a head-sized object, like the case of a desktop computer...

IMO you should break it in using something soft instead, like a pillow or two. Using hard surfaces applies too much pressure to the ear pads and might overly flatten them permanently.

Mar 2, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by choka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO you should break it in using something soft instead, like a pillow or two. Using hard surfaces applies too much pressure to the ear pads and might overly flatten them permanently.

I actually agree with you; something soft would be better. I didn't need to stretch my M50s out on anything but my head, I was just repeating what I'd heard other people do.

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #7 of 9
So I read this thread last night and I have been wearing my M50s all morning with my glasses on. It doesnt seem to be any less comfortable then when I have my contacts in. Maybe it is the style of glasses that is adding to your discomfort.

Coming from K81DJs these are so much more comfortable with and without glasses. Hopefully you can figure a way to make them more comfortable to you as they are great headphones

Mar 2, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #9 of 9
Yeah, my M50s do bother me some when I wear my glasses- I need to tilt the frames slightly upward to relieve the discomfort. Works fine at home- less so at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back