ATH-M50 ebay sellers
May 20, 2010 at 7:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

9inety2wo

New Head-Fier
Sorry to post another thread about these headphones but I've been looking at buying a set on ebay for the past few weeks. I have read that brianf is a reliable seller although he has run out of stock on the coiled cable version and is only able to tell me that they have been on back order for the past 2 months.

Has anyone bought a set from asavings or any other ebay seller that have these in stock and is able to vouch that they are legitimate (although asavings has 150,000 feedback I'm really paranoid about fakes on ebay). I want to buy a set with a coiled cable before the australian exchange rates drop too low so it wont cost me upwards of $200 AUD, I'm expecting to spend around $150 AUD. Also are there any shops/sites that will ship to Australia?

May 20, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #7 of 26
Amazon has them for $109 USD. I don't know how that compares to AUD or if you can get it shipped to you... but there it is.

May 20, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #8 of 26
a little tip...look at headroom b stock page,they have it for 99$ or something like that.
wink.gif

May 21, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #10 of 26
Looking at the negative feedback and lack of warranty that asavings doesnt provide i'm put off buying from this seller. Does anyone have experience with trustworthy sellers?

@T.B.N which seller is that?
@plonter those seem to be straight cabled M50

May 21, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #11 of 26
OH..sorry,i thought for a moment that you want the straight one, although for that price and service,i would get whatever cable they give me
bigsmile_face.gif
  anyway,hope you will find a good deal on them,they are truly world class.    I got mine also from ebay at 104$+35$ for shipping to israel from brian crawley (proaudiomart). 

May 21, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #13 of 26

Quote:
the ebay store is called proaudiomart. I think they are selling the straight cable though. I offered $90 and they took it.

wow!...90$ that's darn cheap man...I paid the whole 104$ of the initial price and considered it darn cheap also.
anyway,O personally prefer the straight cable,like every other headphone...I can't see why anybody will want to get the coiled one,what are the benefts of it over the straight?   

May 21, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #14 of 26

Quote:
I can't see why anybody will want to get the coiled one,what are the benefts of it over the straight?   

Portability. Shorter, but with the ability to stretch... Better for walking around.
Other than that... not much. Some like short cables if their listening spot is right next to their equipment.
I saw a set of cans for sale yesterday that had custom 4-foot cables put on because of that.

shane

May 21, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #15 of 26

Quote:

Portability. Shorter, but with the ability to stretch... Better for walking around.
Other than that... not much. Some like short cables if their listening spot is right next to their equipment.
I saw a set of cans for sale yesterday that had custom 4-foot cables put on because of that.

shane

you know what they say...the shorter the better!
bigsmile_face.gif

my listening seat is also right next to my gear but i am using a headphone hanging tool (HD595 if you know..) to shorten the cable and it works like a charm.
I say,if the OP doesn't find the coiled cable version he should get the straight version in those remarkable prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back