ATH-M50 + E6/E11
May 2, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:
I mean it probity won't, but, would it help the bass tho? 

I have both the E17 and the E11 (and the E6 - which I'm not particularly fond of) and if you're looking to jump up the bass, get the E11 and pump the EQ to 2 - you'll get some pretty incredible bass, and yes, it's a vast increase in bass over just what your M50's do on their own.  The E11 is a gem for those seeking more bass without spending a fortune - plus, it does a good job of not messing up the rest of the frequency range.

May 2, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:
I have both the E17 and the E11 (and the E6 - which I'm not particularly fond of) and if you're looking to jump up the bass, get the E11 and pump the EQ to 2 - you'll get some pretty incredible bass, and yes, it's a vast increase in bass over just what your M50's do on their own.  The E11 is a gem for those seeking more bass without spending a fortune - plus, it does a good job of not messing up the rest of the frequency range.

That's good to hear, and it the E6 isn't that bad. EQ2 on e6 is nice, makes the highs a little crisper imo and gives you decent bass... but yea I'd like to get an E11 as the E6 doesn't do it for me any more lol [still it's better than nothing!]

Mmm, I'm about to start working and the E11 might be my first purchase lol,

May 2, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

So I should go with the E 11? If makes my music experience better with it I might have to give it a try. Looks like the E 11 is WAY cheaper than the E 17, but what I like about the E 17 is that you can use it as desktop amp as well, can you do the same with the E 11? 

(Edit) Nevermind don't answer this question. I'm just going to go with the E 11 since I don't need a DAC.

May 3, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:
I'm getting the M50s as well. Would you guys consider it necessary to get an E11 Fiio headphone amp with it if I'm mainly using the headphones on my iPhone 4S?

Not necessary. Should go pretty loud without an amp.

May 3, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #22 of 25
I mean it probity won't, but, would it help the bass tho? 

You're going to want to check out the digizoid zo2 thread, as that is as close as you're going to get.

I'd like to mention just in general that the point of an amp is not to color music, just amplify it and bring out the best of your phones. If you're a basshead, the zo2 might help, it's my understanding that it's more an in line EQ than amp and imparts bass to any phones.

Keep in mind that a sub woofer is a larger driver moving lots of air that can get significantly Lower than anything else- which is the point. It sounds like you want lots of bass impact and sub-bass, so that's something to keep an eye out when looking for new phones.

May 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Not necessary. Should go pretty loud without an amp.

Agreed - the M50's do a great job on their own.  My suggestion is to get the M50's and if you feel you want to take them to the next level later, you can always pick up an amp.  I will say, the M50's are jewel's on their own, but when paired with any quality amp, they are just flat out amazing for the price.

May 6, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:
You're going to want to check out the digizoid zo2 thread, as that is as close as you're going to get.
I'd like to mention just in general that the point of an amp is not to color music, just amplify it and bring out the best of your phones. If you're a basshead, the zo2 might help, it's my understanding that it's more an in line EQ than amp and imparts bass to any phones.

+1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back