ATH-M50 & Beyer COP
Oct 22, 2012 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Litesung

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've been lurking around the forums for quite a while and usually don't post since there are usually plenty of other threads with the answers or ideas I'm looking for.  Since the COP's are new though, it's hard for me to find any suggestions to what I'm looking for.

I'm not an audiophile, and am in the market for some new headphones.  I'm planning on making my purchase within two weeks, but am debating over these two headphones.  I was originally set on purchasing the ATH-M50 because they seem 'portable friendly', and can be easily driven without an amp.  I am interested in the customizability in the COP, and how comfortable they are over the ATH-M50.  More recently I've been listening to a lot of R&B, and Dubstep/House music (Sometimes I listen to Rock & Alternative).  I plan on purchasing an amp later in the (far) future, but my primary use is for 'on the go' (airplane trips, listening to my laptop/mp3 while mobile, or gaming on my laptop).  I'm not sure what I should base my choice on.  Any suggestions? (Which sound better? )

Things I favor in...
ATH-M50
+DJ-Style (One ear listening)
+Coiled Cable
+That bag it comes with :wink:

COP
+Customizability (Bass & appearance)
+Comfort > ATH-M50?
+Detachable Cable

Oct 22, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 7
I'm not sure you would like the ath-m50 for portable applications. Although, they may seem useful, curly cables are very annoying. Now, those do sound decent driven from a portable player, but being that they were designed for studio applications they sound better when you swing more power (an amp). When i auditioned the ath-m50 at B&H they didn't sound very good to me.

If the COP sound anything like the dt770 (another option you might want to look into) then they get my vote. Good luck 
wink.gif
 and welcome to head-fi.

Oct 22, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litesung /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not an audiophile…

Famous last words. Welcome to head-fi, kiss you wallet goodbye™

very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #5 of 7
You are able to tweak the sound on the COP's, with regards to bass in the fourth position there's a plenty. Should be enough. 

Oct 22, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 7
I've never tried the Custom One Pros, but I would choose any Beyer over the M50s. It's not that the M50s are bad, I just prefer the Beyers, and for your genres and for portable use, I think you'll like the Beyers too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back