ATH M50 3.5mm similar plug?
Sep 30, 2010 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Nargoz

New Head-Fier
So, my M50 cans have a terrible connection issue right before the plug, resulting in loss of left side intermittently. I haven't done any troubleshooting yet, but will within a few days to confirm.

I'm looking for a replacement 3.5mm plug that looks similar or better. The only issue is, I live in Canada and finding a half-decent plug is a bitch and a half.

I can get them shipped in to my location, but as I said, finding them is a bitch. Anyone have a recommendation for them?

I have looked in the multiple threads about it, but I wanted to go to the source first.

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 4
Hey I have the same problem as you, part of my plug is chipped off and the left speaker doesnt work. I, however can buy a 3.5 mm plug but don't know how to actually put it on the headphone as in replace the broken one with the new one. You seemed like you knew how to do it but you couldnt get one, would you mind telling me how?

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Hey I have the same problem as you, part of my plug is chipped off and the left speaker doesnt work. I, however can buy a 3.5 mm plug but don't know how to actually put it on the headphone as in replace the broken one with the new one. You seemed like you knew how to do it but you couldnt get one, would you mind telling me how?

I'm going to create a little guide for you, with pics. To not hi-jack the thread I'm going to post it in the thread you created. 

Edit: @Nargoz: I've heard good things about the Pailiccs plugs. They can be bought from China/HK for ~$3 each (free int'l shipping). I don't have any experience with them, but I have a couple on the way as we speak. 

The ones I  have used are Neutrik Rean NYS231, also bought on eBay for $1.29 and $3 in shipping costs, they are alright, but the Pailiccs looks much better IMO. 

These are all 1/8" (3.5 mm), not sure what the M50's use. 

Apr 4, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #4 of 4
I just ordered stuff for re-cabling my Shures (just finished the mod an they sound great)
I got my stuff from takefiveaudio they are located in toronto area and ship next day.
I went with the Neutrik plugs and they seem pretty good so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back