ATH M40x replacement cushions
Nov 13, 2015 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SediQC

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I just bought a pair of Audio-Technica's ATH M40x headphones,and I love their look, but I think they would look alot more stylish with blue cushions.Does anybody know where I could find some ?

Thanks,Sedi

Jul 28, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #3 of 4
I believe the ear pads for the Brainwavz HM5 fit and they can be found in blue, red and white. There's options of thicker/angled, pleather or velour and even hybrids mix of them all. Amazon and eBay has lots, some are cheaper knock-offs but all are options.

Just be aware any change from stock OEM pads may change the sound signature/what you hear. For better or worse is upto user to decide, but a lot seem to think thicker angled pads are an improvement on the MX40. Search the forum here I'm sure you will the info your after already covered.

I'm thinking of buying myself a set of them and some pads just to see what they are like, should be a good starting point for myself I think as I too am new.

Jul 28, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi I have used the M40X for 1 year now and I do find the stock pads a bit uncomfortable after long listening sessions (I wear spectacles, so not sure if those that don't use specs have an issue).
I agree that changing pads will definitely change the sound signature, and usually for the worse. I have tried using Brainwavz HM5 angled pads (pleather) with the M40X and they are way more comfortable, but they recessed the upper mids and bass too much for my liking. Personally I value the sound signature more than the comfort, so I use the M40X for shorter sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back